Sexy Side Braid – HowTo
Redken Creative Consultant Guido created this perfectly polished, pure-and-simple sultry side braid at a past Valentino runway show in Paris.
Check out this sexy side braid howto in the steps below.
This gorgeous braid can be glammed up for any hair event including formal events or Holiday parties.
Step By Step Sexy Side Braid – HowTo
1. Wet wash detangled hair in lukewarm water with desired cleansing formulation (shampoo, diluted shampoo, conditioner only, water only, or a combination of formulas).
2. When appropriate for your hair type and/or texture, after rinsing out your cleansing formula, apply a rinse-out conditioner.
3. Separate hair into individual 2″ sections. Detangle hair slowly from the ends to roots with fingers, or a wide tooth comb, while hair is saturated with condition.
4. After completely detangling hair rinse well, finishing with a cool/cold final rinse.
5. Remove excess water with an accordion style gentle finger squeeze.
6. Towel blot hair to remove any additional water.
7. Apply Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow dry lotion to damp hair from roots to ends. Blow-dry straight with a boar bristle brush.
8. Create a clean center part, and then use a fine tooth comb to brush hair to one side from the back (so center part stays intact).
9. Tuck the side of the hair you will braid behind the ear.
10. Rub a small amount of satinwear 02 into your hands to help you as you start to braid. Begin a few inches down from the neck, keeping your wrists and elbows low as you go.
11. Create a braid that’s smooth, but not too tight. Secure with an elastic at the tip, leaving only an inch or two unbraided at the end.
12. Put a few drops of Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine on your hands. Rub together to emulsify. Lightly run your hands over the hair on either side.
13. Slide a leather head band over the head so that it rests 2-3 inches back from the forehead and covers the front of the ears.
14. Mist hands with Redken fashion work 12 versatile working spray. Massage hands together and then lightly brush over the length of the braid avoiding the headband.
Since the side-braid look is asymmetrical, parting it to one side is an alternative choice. If you’re prefer to go for a romantic look rather than a sexy look, design the part to be messy.
Summary - Sexy Side Braid – HowTo
This side braid masterfully created and styled by Redken hair guru Guido offers a perfectly polished, pure-and-simple side braid which can be glammed up or dressed down.
It can be glammed up by switching out the leather headband with a jewel encrusted band.
Optionally you can wrap the braid into a knot, coil or chignon positioned at the back of the head.
The options are endless to transition this sexy side braid to alternative styles.
You are only limited by your imagination.