While some celebrities are currently embracing super short cuts, consumers know what they want.
Many still want luscious pretty long hair waves like those showcased by Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity on The Arrow.
Enhancing the stunning waves are Emily's stunning array of baby blonde highlights and deeper golden lowlights.
Emily's long hair waves are created on hair which is either naturally a few inches below the shoulders or extended with some type of fusion or sew-in extensions.
Although long clip-in hair extensions may also be utilized, the hair waves are created using a combination of styling products and hot tools.
If you utilize any type of hair extensions, it's very important to make sure they can be styled with heat tools.
This gorgeous wavy hairstyle can be worn with an array of center or side parts. The waves can also be worn with or without a fringe.
Step By Step Instructions
Follow the steps below to copy Emily's pretty long hair waves:
1. Wet cleanse detangled hair in lukewarm water with a cleanser designed for your current hair type, texture and current condition. If your hair is naturally textured you may wish to utilize a Diluted Shampoo formula (DS Shampoo), a low or no poo formula, a Conditioner Only Wash (CoWash) or Water Only (WO) conditioner.2. Rinse cleanser completely from hair.
3. If appropriate, apply a rinse out conditioner to hair from top of earlobes to the ends. Avoid the roots to encourage natural volume.4. Use fingers or a wide-tooth hair-friendly comb to detangle individual 2" horizontal sections of hair from the ends up to the roots.
5. Rinse conditioner from hair after hair has been detangled completely.
6. Finish with a cool or cold water rinse to close cuticles.7. Towel blot hair completely with a thick towel or clean t-shirt to remove excess moisture.
Applying Styling Cocktail
8. Apply a styling cocktail including, but not limited to, a leave-in conditioner, defrisant and/or heat protectant. You may wish to add a volumizing enhancing product to the roots. For overall volume add a volumizing mousse to strands.9. Create desired part and fringe. Separate hair into 2″ sections.
12. Dry the fringe section by directing hair to one side.13. Once hair is completely dry subsection diagonally beginning in the back of the head. Use a 1″ curling iron to form loose curls.
14. After each curl is formed roll around fingers and pin to the scalp to dry and set.
15. When hair is cool and set unpin each individual section.16. Bend over at the waist and tousle hair loosely with fingers. Arrange waves with fingers to finish.
Summary - Pretty Long Hair Waves
When styled with the proper styling products and heat tools, pretty long hair waves like those showcased by Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity on The Arrow are drool worthy.Although not everyone loves long luscious waves, they never really go out of style and work for a wide range of hair events from dressy to full on formal.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.