As her career has changed, so has her naturally curly hair which early in her career she wore long, blonde and naturally curly.
The 25 year old third member of The Cheetah Girls has officially announced she will be leaving the Disney Channel family to host New Afternoons on MTV, a two-hour block featuring new episodes of three MTV shows - Sex...with Mom and Dad, Room Raiders 2.0 and Parental Control. Her first guest is scheduled to be Lily Allen.
Adrienne will start her hosting duties on February 16th on MTV which will be broadcast from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. ET/PT. She also recently announced the Cheetah Girls are breaking up and going in their own directions.
While there appears to be nothing but good news for Adrienne, there is some challenges built into the new MTV duties. Currently the singer is based in Los Angeles and is involved with Rob Kardashian (21) of the famous Kardashian Reality TV family. The MTV job requires Adrienne to move across the country to NYC where her family is located.
If you watched a recent Kardashian episode it came out that Rob was thinking about leaving school to go off and become a male model. However, by the end of the episode Adrienne had talked her boyfriend out of leaving USC where he will graduate in May of 2009.
The Cheetah Girls told the media "we have our own goals and careers, but we support one another 100 percent. I support him with school and he's definitely supportive of me with everything I'm doing." Adrienne implied that after Rob graduates anything is possible for the couple, including him moving to New York with her.
Protecting her interests, Gemma responds to Cherry's threat by beating her in the face and breaking her noise. The scene was unexpected and shocking, but brilliantly played by both Taryn and Katey. Fans are hoping the producers make Taryn a permanent member of the show since she has sizzling chemistry with both Johnny Lewis as Kip and Katey as Gemma.
Although Taryn has adopted a series of hair lengths over the past few years, she tends to favor baby blonde hues. In her role as Cherry, she wears her hair colored a deep dark chocolate hue. Her hairstyle is befitting the old lady of a motorcycle club member. Her strands are long and worn with a hint of wave, as if she puts little thought into coiffing her hair in favor of being at the beck and call of the club members.
The Sons of Anarchy definitely portrays the women in the club as tough, but protective of their men and often operating behind the scenes.
Taryn as Cherry has the perfect hair color, style and matching clothing. She favors boots and very short skintight skirts or shorts.
At the end of the second episode where Cherry appears, she approached Gemma to apologize and make her claim for Kip and assure Gemma she has not interest in her man. The writers of this remarkable show do such a good job of layering the storylines together a viewer might get the idea that Gemma sees a lot of herself in the young Cherry and may even groom her to be ultimately inherit her role as queen of the club.
Steal Taryn's Hairstyle
Besides wearing her hair in a long below-the-shoulder hairstyle, Taryn as Cherry, also has a forehead hugging set of side-swept bangs. She alternated brushing her forehead fringe from one side of her face to the other which gives her a more seductive appearance.
Taryn's celebrity hairdresser - Janine Jarmon told me in a phone interview that "Taryn is the busiest little girl in Hollywood right now". She also explained the actress "only takes roles she believes in" and has a lot of "personal integrity and commitment to her acting craft".
Jazmine Sullivan The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!! 12-03-08
Which explains why Taryn was so great in her appearance on Sons Of Anarchy. She obviously believes in the role and will adopt whatever hair color and style best honors the role.
Steal Taryn's Long Lush Strands
Taryn has acknowledged to the media that she often "ends up on the worst-dressed or worst-tressed lists, but she doesn't really care.
The actress, singer, musician and fashion designer goes with her own flow and wears the clothing, accessories and hairstyles that she enjoys
Step By Step Instructions
Taryn has a history of wearing hair extensions for her various roles. Her celebrity hairdresser, Janine Jarman told me Taryn had experienced some damage over time from wearing fusion style hair experiences.
Follow the steps listed below to steal Taryn's loose barely-there waves:
1. Cleanse hair with a product designed to address your hair's special curl needs.
Depending on the texture of your natural curls you may wish to either cleanse with a diluted shampoo formulation (1 part shampoo to 3 or 4 parts water) or wash with conditioner only (CO). Choose the best historical cleansing steps for your hair's natural texture.
If you color, highlight or chemically treat your strands, select a shampoo that supports those treatments as well as your natural texture.
Note: One to try - Ken Paves gentle moisturizing Healthy Hair Daily Shampoo
2. Apply the appropriate rinse-out conditioners. (Avoid if hair is super thin, fine or tends to flatten easily). Rinse out or deep conditioners are excellent steps to take for strands which may be damaged.
Note: One to try - Ken Paves Healthy Hair DailyConditioner.
If you wish to amp up your hair color like Taryn's use 1-2 pumps of Ken Paves Boost Up color with your daily conditioning rinse. Select from a variety of colors from Black or Brown to Platinum depending on your current hair hue.
3. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close cuticles and encourage natural shine.
4. Towel blot and apply very light cocktail of desired leave-in detangler, conditioner or other styling products (firm holding mousse or gel). Ken Paves Boost Up color can also be added to your leave-in or other styling products for extra color oomp.
Note: One to try: Ken Paves Healthy Hair Curl Balm.
6. Separate hair into individual 2" sections. Working from side to side around the entire head blow dry hair with blow dryer with long finger diffuser.
Avoid touching your strands with your fingers as you work to avoid frizz. When possible, use the slowest, coolest setting. Allow strands to rest in the base of the diffuser cup as you direct air flow through the strands.
7. Once each section of hair is 100% dry, clip or pin the section into a twisted ringlet pattern against your scalp and continue drying the next section.
8. When hair is completely dry and pinned against the scalp, spray entire the entire head with a firm holding spray like PhytoPro Strong Finishing Spray or Ken Paves Healthy Hair Shaping Finishing Spray. Allow spray to dry completely before removing pins or clips.
9. Right before leaving the house unpin all the hair sections and use fingers to tousle the newly formed barely-there waves. If desired, use a small or medium barrel curling iron to touch up any disconnected curl sections.
Note: For more defined waves set hair in hot rollers.
10. Finish with a swipe of Ken Paves Healthy Hair Shine Serum. Apply one drop of the Shine Serum to the palms of your hands, rub together and then lightly brush over the top of your gorgeous new soft waves.
Top off your barely-there waves with a crystal encrusted headband, or attach an accent flower or crystal clip.
Taryn's career is sizzling. Besides her guest role on Sons of Anarchy, she has several movie roles on the back burner.
Note: If you would love to try the Ken Paves Healthy Hair products check out his convenient Healthy Hair Try Me Kit which includes 2 oz of the daily shampoo, conditioner, shine serum and shaping hair spray. All Ken Paves Healthy Hair products are available at the HairBoutique.com Marketplace.