Anyone who has naturally long bone straight hair, has access to fusion or clip-in extensions, or heat styling products and tools can achieve this long bone straight blonde hair hairstyle.
This blog covers the steps in how to achieve the long bone straight blonde hair of your dreams. Whether you go with a side-swept side or deep side part or a center part, this is a dramatic hair look. You can also opt to have a fringe or not. It's totally how you prefer to wear your hair.
Many people love the feel of long silken tresses cascading down over the shoulders and around the face. It can be styled to add an instant glam factor and paired with a stunning black dress, top, jacket or outfit.
Even if the target hair is naturally curly or textured, it can potentially be styled bone straight. The question is how much work and potential damage do you want to put your hair through to achieve the look. The decision is up to you. If you are willing to work hard to achieve the look, the steps are listed below:
How To Achieve Long Bone Straight Blonde Hair
Listed below are the steps for creating a perfect bone straight long hair blow out for any type or texture of hair:
1. Cleanse detangled hair in lukewarm water. If your hair is chemically treated, naturally dry or textured, you may wish to either utilize a product designed for your hair type and texture. Or you may wish to use a Diluted Shampoo (DS), Low Poo, Conditioner Only Wash (CO Wash) or No Poo product.2. Rinse completely after applying shampoo or cleansing formula.
3. Apply a rinse out conditioner from the ears to the ends.
4. Detangle hair in horizontal sections with fingers or a wide tooth, hair friendly comb. Work slowly from the ends up to the roots.5. When hair is completely detangled, rinse out conditioner and finish with a cool or cold water rinse.
6. Towel blot hair to remove excess moisture but allowing hair to retain some level of dampness.7. Apply a leave-in styling cocktail including, but not limited to, a leave-in conditioner, defrisant, straightening balm and a mousse or styling cream.
8. Bend over at the waist and flip your hair over your head.9. Power dry the underside of your hair with your fingers until it’s 70 percent dry. Don’t worry about using a brush at this point.
10. Bend back up and flip all of your hair back up and over.11. Use a 100% boar bristle style paddle or flat style brush. Separate hair into 2″ horizontal sections. Use the brush to pull the hair the opposite direction from its natural growth pattern. Direct the air flow from the blow dryer down the hair shaft from the roots to the ends. Dry completely.
12. Optionally you may wish to spritz volumizer onto the roots to add fullness and volume. After you’ve spritzed in the volumizer, take a 100% boar bristle round brush. Bend the hair at the roots. Direct the roots the opposite direction from how they grow, then pull the brush through to the ends. Avoid turning the brush since it rubs your hair in the wrong direction and create frizz.
Long Bone Straight Blonde Hair - Blow Dryer Notes
For extra volume, always dry your roots first. Lift your hair at a 60 degree angle, place your brush against the scalp and lay your hair over it. Point your blow-dryer at the roots and dry. Next, dry the top of your hair with the dryer pointing down wards.
Remember to work to get a bend in the roots right at the top for extra volume, lift and movement. Slide the brush down the hair shaft, with the dryer following. The dryer nozzle should always be pointed down from the roots to the ends which creates a little bend and a tiny flip.
13. When your hair is 100% dry, separate hair into 2″ vertical sections and run a flat iron from right below the roots to the ends. Work around the entire head from side to side until hair is bone straight and to your desired style.14. Rub a little styling or finishing cream into the palms of your hands and your fingers. Rake fingers through your newly ironed strands focusing the cream close to the ends.
This will add a little texture and eliminate frizz of puffiness. Remember a little bit goes a long way. Avoid adding too much cream which may make hair limp and greasy.
Summary - Long Bone Straight Blonde Hair
Optionally you may prefer to apply 1-2 drops of shine serum into the palms of your hands and massage well before swiping over the top of your strands. This will block out frizz and add shine.If you want to add hair accessories go with a simple headband which wont detract from the beauty of your strands. When positioned properly the long bone straight straights can be enhanced with a headband place between the fringe and the crown to encourage volume.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.