Hair How To - Anna Kendrick's Long Brunette Waves
Anna Kendrick (born August 9, 1985) is famous for her long brunette hair which she often wears in loose waves.
The actress is one of the co-stars of the highly anticipated film - What To Expect When You're Expecting. Ironically, even though Anna has been in the Twilight films, she is best known for her work as Natalie Keener with George Clooney in the film Up in the Air.
The film, which netted her an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress thrust her into the spotlight. Her other work includes Camp, Rocket Science, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, 50/50, and the Broadway musical High Society.
Ellen The Interior Decorator
When the beautiful brunette actress isn't busy working on a film, she's loving her new home which she just purchased. Anna recently appeared on Ellen's daytime talk show to chat about the new film and her obsession with decorating the house she just built.
During her on-air interview Anna asked the beloved talk show hostess if she would decorate her home. Ellen said "I would love to" and promised to help Anna finish her new home.
Hair How To
Anna's been known to capture all eyes of the media at Red Carpet events. During her Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress for Up in the Air she was praised for her stunning fashions. Her trademark long chocolate brown hair was more often than not worn down in beautiful shiny waves and curls.
Long Wavy Hair Cut: Anna's hair is cut in a series of very long slightly graduated layers.
Hairstyle Works Best For: All hair types from naturally straight to wavy and curly. Ideally hair has some natural wave for easier styling.
Hair How To: Anna's center parted long lush brunette hair appears to have the hint of natural waves. Depending on the event she's attending, she accentuates her waves with a curling iron.
1. Cleanse detangled hair in lukewarm water with a diluted shampoo, no poo or similar formula. Rinse well.2. Apply a rinse-out conditioner designed for your hair type, texture and current condition. Use a wide tooth comb to detangle in the shower from the ends up to the roots.
3. Rinse conditioner out of strands. Finish with a cool or cold water rinse to seal hair cuticle and add shine.4. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.
5. Apply styling cocktail which might include, but not be limited to leave-in conditioner, detangled, defrisant, mousse and/or gel.
Use a styling cocktail with products which are designed for your hair type, texture and length. If your hair tends to frizz be sure to include a defristant.
6. Separate hair into 1-2" sections and work on on at time. If hair is naturally straight or wavy use a blow dryer with a long finger diffuser attached to amp up natural waves.
If hair is naturally curly or kinky, dry hair straight using a round or boar bristle brush. Use fingers to hold sections tautly out from the head to remove all moisture and eliminate the risk of frizz.
7. Once hair is completely dry a 1 1/2" curling iron can be utilized to add waves to naturally straight hair or to redefine naturally curly hair or wavy tresses.
Note: To create a more natural wavy hairstyle, try utilizing different-sized curling iron barrels. This will provide a range of waves and curls along the perimeter.
8. Use a great shaping spray after creating the wave infused style you desire.
9. Finish up with a shine serum to prevent frizz.The great think about Anna's hair is that it looks great whether she's wearing it down in loose waves cascading off a center part or worn up in a sleek hair twist with a side part.