Actress Teri Hatcher has gorgeous shoulder length hair and always works with some of the best celebrity hairdressers in the biz.
Recently rocked the Red Carpet with a fabulous Bun On The Side hairstyle. (featured in this blog entry)
For this beautiful bun the lovely Teri worked with celeb hairdresser Eric Gabriel who has worked with a dazzling list of major celebs.
The brunette beauty arrived on January 7, 2009, on the Red Carpet at the 35th Annual People's Choice Awards wearing her luscious dark chocolate tresses wrapped into a sleek hair bun positioned at the back of her head and to one side.
(Image of Teri Hatcher -35th Annual People's Choice Awards Arrivals - 01-07-09 - DailyCeleb.com - All Rights Reserved).
Teri's sleek and shiny side bun was combined with a full across-the head, side-swept fringe and a short black satin gown with a bow along the edge.
The updo bun hairstyle was created from a deep side part with lots of volume along the crown to prevent the bun from being flat.
It was an award winning hair updo for Teri and in keeping with the latest bun trends on the catwalks and Red Carpets. If you would like to re-create this updo, follow the Step By Step instructions listed below.
Steal Teri Hatcher's Updo - Step By Step
If your hair is short or medium in length you can still recreate this beautiful bun by first clipping on temporary hair extension pieces or a popular extension cap like the HairDo extensions.
1. To duplicate this sleek side bun, shampoo hair with a product designed to address your hair's traditional needs and matching your hair type, texture and current condition.
If you color, highlight or chemically treat your hair, select a product supporting those treatments. If you prefer, use a dilution formula or a conditioning only (CO) treatment.
2. Apply the appropriate rinse-out conditioners. (Avoid if hair is super thin or fine).
3. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close cuticles and encourage natural shine.
4. Towel blot and apply cocktail of desired leave-in detangling agent, conditioner or styling products (mousse, gel, glaze).
5. Using a blow dryer with a concentrator nozzle, blow dry tresses (down the shaft for added silkiness) with a paddle brush for a super sleek finish.
7. Create a deep side part on one side of your head.
8. Sweep hair over to one side to create a fuller crown area. Lift the crown hair and back comb it to get the desired height. Smooth crown hair back down lightly with fingers.
9. Direct the very front part of the hair that is swept over to one side and arrange it into a side swept hairline frame like Teri's.
10. Use your fingers along with a flat or paddle brush to direct all of the rest of the hair towards the back of the head.
11. Direct all of the hair to one side of the head (the opposite side from the part).
12. Make a loose ponytail while pushing up slightly near the crown to create fullness in that area. Using Blax or Bungees or other "hair friendly" elastics capture the bottom part of the hair which is pulled to one side into a ponytail. The base of the new ponytail should rest a few inches above the neck. Spray the new pony with a firm hold hairspray.
Make the bun as fat or sleek as you desire which will depend on how tightly you wind the ponytail around the base. Pin the finished bun with bobbypins the same color as your hair.
14. Once the bun is completely formed, use your finger tips to carefully sculpt the bun into the desired shape along the side. Spray well with shine enhancing spray or add a drop of shine serum and lightly brush through the finished bun. You may add hair accessories if you like.
For brilliant shimmer, pour one or two drops of shine product into the palms of your hands and mix well. Swipe the inner side of your coated palms over the top of your new do.
Note: To try on different related hairstyles like those mentioned in this article for free, visit the HairBoutique.com Hair Wizard™. To get started simply register and follow instructions for uploading an image of your face. This service is no charge and allows you to instantly try on different looks for your face shape.
For related HairBoutique.com article(s) refer to:
Check out the complete line of Rene Furterer hair care products which HairBoutique.com has been carrying for close to 8 years now in our online Marketplace.For more Celebrity Hair & Related Topics check our our page on Celebrity Hair Topics and our Celebrity Stylist Articles & Interviews
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.