Selena Gomez has a sizzling career which only gets hotter.
Not only does Selena wow her fans with her role on Disney's Wizards Of Waverly Place, she is acting in films and just finished her first CD.
Selena has been hitting the talk show circuit and recently visited Ellen Degeneres and Bonnie Hunt, to name just a few.
The gorgeous Texan was stunning on the Red Carpet at the American Music Awards (AMA) in November at the Nokia Theatre.
Hairstyle: Short to Medium Length Curls And Waves. Depending on who you talk to Selena's hair might be considered short or medium in length.
Hairstyle Color: Raven Black With Reverse Highlights
Texture: Selena appears to have thick hair in excellent shape with lots of natural shine and either natural waves or a combo of waves and curls.
Fringe: Selena's lush hairstyle was framed with a sleek side-swept part with cascaded off a right side part.
Face Shape: Selena's face shape is a blend of square and heart. She has beautiful cheekbones which slope into a squared off jaw with a slightly pointed chin
Fashion Trending Hairstyles
Not only does Selena wear her hair in the latest hairstyles, she sets trends. When her fans see her latest hairstyles they are quick to copy her stunning tresses. Even better, Selena wears her hair in age appropriate looks with work with the event she is attending and for her face shape.
Personally I think Selena looks gorgeous with a full fringe but she appears to prefer a side-swept bang which offsets her well formed eyebrows and beautiful eyes.
Selena is best friends with Demi Lovato and Taylor Swift. The three beautiful young women light up a room whenever they are present.
How To Recreate Selena's Curly Hairstyle
To copy Selena's curly and wavy hairstyle follow the simple steps listed below:
1. Start with either freshly cleansed and completely dry hair or with day old hair with a cream or spray designed to help with the creation of soft hair waves.
If you shampoo your hair before styling be sure to use products for your hair type, texture and condition.
2. If you wish to copy Selena's look completely, create a side part on the right side of the hairline. You can also copy this look with a fringe or side part although it will not look exactly the same.
3. Separate hair into two-inch sections. Clip all hair other hair out of the way.
4. On each section, spritz styling spray or apply cream, starting just below the root area. After prepping hair with spray or similar, wrap around a medium barrel curling iron for a few seconds to avoid burning or damaging strands.
5. After creating the curl and removing the iron, re-roll curl around fingers to recreate the curl. Pin to the scalp.
6. When all the sections of hair have been completely ironed, reformed and pinned, spritz the entire head lightly with a setting or styling spray.
7. When hair is completely dry and cool, unpin each curl.
8. Separate a 2-4 inch section of hair, depending on your preferences, from the right side part off the hairline. Lift the section and backcomb it to the desired "bump" height. Spray well and then smooth back and over to the opposite side of the head from the part. Optionally you my apply a few bobby pins in the same on contrasting color of the hair to hold the bump in place.
9. Comb through the remaining hair with your fingers. Use fingers to arrange hair into sexy waves just like Selena.
10. For Selena's brilliant shine add a few drops of shine serum, spray or shine enhancing hairspray to the palms of your hands and then wipe lightly over the top of your tresses.
Note: If the waves are too well formed use a 100% boar bristle brush to break up the waves a bit and make them softer. Remember that the smaller the curling iron barrel, the tighter the resulting curls and waves.
This hairstyle is gorgeous and can be worn for any Holiday or Party Hair event ranging from a formal or semi-formal dinner or a special formal dance or Prom.
This is a classic hairstyle which never goes out of style. To amp up the look even more add a bejewelled hairpin clip on one side of the hairline.
Selena Gomez is a talented, wholesome star who loves animals. She recently revealed to Ellen Degeneres that she rescued five dogs. One she brought back from a film in Puerto Rico.
Selena is very close to her family and has explained that both her mom and dad look out for her and make sure she is well cared for.
Social Media Network Information
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Original Publication Date: 12/20/09 - Revised Publication Date: 12/20/09
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.