Miley (Destiny Hope Cyrus) is the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus who gave his daughter the nickname Smiley which eventually morphed into Miley.
Born on November 23, 1992 in Franklin Tennessee, Miley is already a very talented performer and song writer.
The mega talented teen has already written over 100 songs. Some of them have already been used on her Hannah Montana show on ABC's Disney Channel.
Miley as Hannah also appeared in 2006 for one episode on The Suite Life Of Zach and Cody. She was a hit as a guest star.
Her Hannah Montana show has been on the air since 2006 and is very popular with teens who can relate to Miley as Hannah and her daily struggles.
Miley took her performance on the road in 2007 and sold out in every show location. In some cases tickets for her show skyrocketed to unbelievable amounts of money because her fans were willing to do anything to see Miley in person.
Billy Ray also has a recurring role on Hannah Montana with his daughter.
Lush Curls & Waves Hairstyle
When Miley and her dad Billy Ray hosted the 2006 Day For Kids in September the budding superstar appeared with her milk chocolate brown tresses arranged in cascading curls and waves.
Adding dazzle to her gorgeous hairstyles were finely woven lighter highlights and lowlights.
Miley's face shape consists of a narrow chin with a wider forehead. She has stunning eyes and beautiful facial features which work well without any bangs or front fringes.
The long lush waves and curls worked perfectly with her long turquoise blue top and soft jeans.
Her tresses were glossy and shimmering. Alternating toffee highlights placed against the dark chocolate base also helped to bring out a magnificent shine.
Miley repeated her long curly look when she walked the Red Carpet for both the VH1 event in December of 2006 (see images below) and at The People's Choice Awards in January of 2007.
Steal Miley's Hair Style
If you look closely at her photo, you will notice that her hair style was brushed off her face with a slight hint of a side part extending from her hairline back a very short distance towards her crowd. This provided volume along her deconstructed top and crown areas.
Miley often wears her hair with lots of movement and volume and down around her shoulders. She often alternates the texture between long and sleek with lots of soft undulating waves.
Her gorgeous curled hairstyle can be customized to work with just about any face shape, hair type or texture although it is much easier to create on hair that is medium to thick with natural wave or curl.
Miley appears to have a natural bend to her hair. Although her hair appears to be medium to fine, she has lots of hair. This style is ideal for hair that is has a slight bend or wave.
For naturally curly hair the strands must either be pre-straightened or blow dried straight with curls then created on the pre-straightened style with hot rollers or curling irons.
For naturally wavy tresses you may opt to use a long finger diffuser to blow dry with the goal of creating looser waves and curls without utilizing a curling iron or hot rollers. Or you can roll hair on one of the curling options provided below.
This style is idea for hair that is medium in thickness that is shoulder length or a bit longer. If you have short or medium length tresses or hair that is thin and fine, you can also instantly recreate this style with one of the great new HairDo clip-in hair extensions from Jessica Simpson and Ken Paves.
Step By Step Instructions
Curls And Waves Hair Guide
For detailed tips on creating curls and waves on all types of textures, click on the Curls And Waves Hair Guide.
Follow the steps below to re-create Miley's gorgeous style if your hair is straight or naturally wavy. If your hair is naturally curly you may wish to blow dry your hair straight and start with Step 8 below.
Start with a precision layered uber long strands. Work with your hairdresser to achieve the correct basic long layered cut. Be willing to modify the style depending on your face shape, hair type, length and texture.
1. Begin by washing your hair in lukewarm water with a product designed to add back moisture and to treat colored or highlighted hair with tender loving care.
If your hair is highlighted and lowlighted like Miley's be sure to use a color maintenance system to extend the life of your gorgeous hair color.
2. Rinse hair well and then apply a moisturizing rinse-out conditioner focusing the products on the areas of the hair that are most dry or damaged.
Note: If your hair is fine or thin you may wish to skip this option.
4. Finish with a cool/cold rinse to lock in moisture and add additional shine.
5. Towel blot to remove excess moisture. Apply a conditioning detangling spray or leave-in conditioner and detangle strands with a wide tooth comb working from the ends to the roots.
Note: If your hair is prone to frizz apply a defrisant product or mix with your other styling products. It has been reported in the past that many celebrities like Miley are big fans of Phytodefrisant for their naturally curly hair that tended to frizz.
7. Separate strands into 1" to 2 1/2" sections and blow dry with a boar's bristle round brush. Blow dry the top sections of hair using fingers to lift individual top strands and direct the air flow from ends to roots. Use the brush to build in lots of volume and bend in preparation for adding curls.
Note: If hair is naturally curly, do not use fingers to blow dry since this can add to fuzzy curls or overall frizz. Use a boar's bristle brush instead.
Spritz each section with a firm holding hairspray or styling product. Roll each individual strand around either the curling iron or curler of your choice.
Work your way around the entire head of hair either curling with an iron or rolling into curlers.
9. Let hair completely cool. If you are using a curling iron, after curling each section, use fingers to roll into a large barrel curl and pin into place to allow new curls to properly cool.
10. When the entire head is curled and the new curls are completely cool, carefully remove each curl one at a time.
11. Spritz firm holding hair spray over the top of the newly released curls.
12. Use your fingers to carefully arrange the curls into the desired style. You may wish to use a curling iron to touch up any sections that need a tighter curl pattern.
Hairspray is optional. You may also want to personalize your style with your favorite hair accessory. Miley is a big fan of crystal encrusted barrettes and hair clips.
Additional Styling Options
If you have natural waves or very loose curls you may prefer to re-create Miley's style with a long-finger diffuser.
1. Apply a curl-enhancing cream through the entire length of the hair. 2. Blow dry damp tresses with a long finger diffuser to magnify natural curl and wave patterns. 3. For tightly defined curls, divide the hair into smaller sections after it is completely dry and curl with a curling iron. 4. Once all of the hair has been curled, pin the hair into desired curl formations and let cool. 5. Spray with a firm hold hair spray. 6. When hair has cooled and dried, remove and arrange curls with fingers. 7. Use a curling iron to touch up any sections that are too loose. 8. Use your fingers or a boar bristle brush and direct the newly created curls on either side of your head. 9. Finish with a swipe of shine serum and a spritz of firm hold hair spray.
Other options for this style include adding a soft side-swept fringe, playing with a variety of parts or pulling the hair into a half up-half down style allowing the luscious curls and waves to cascade around your shoulders and down your back.
Miley Cyrus is adorably cute with gorgeous hair and literally oozes talent. Watch for this young star to blow up into a superstar over the next few years.
|Send this page to a friend..|