Natural curly girl Carrie Underwood was a vision of gorgeous glam waves and curls on the Red Carpet at the 43 Annual Country Music Awards (CMAs).
Her wave and curl infused hairstyle was gorgeous, romantic, polished, and ultra-glam. How was it created?
Steal This Style - Step By Step
To get this look at home, here are a few easy steps:
• Cleanse hair in lukewarm water using your favorite cleansing method (Shampoo, Diluted Shampoo, Conditioner Only, Water Only or similar) and products appropriate for your hair type, texture, length and condition.
• Rinse well and apply favorite rinse out conditioner from the top of the ears down to the ends.
• While rinse-out conditioner is still on the hair detangle using your fingers or a wide tooth comb with smooth teeth.
• When you've detangled from the roots to the ends finish with a cool/cold water water rinse.
• Towel blot strands to remove excess moisture.
• Work a styling cocktail into damp strands. Your styling cocktail might include a leave-in conditioner, defrisant cream and a volumizing styling lotion, gel or cream to add volume at the roots.
• Use a wide tooth comb to create a side part on either side of the head.
• Separate hair into 3 or 4 equal sized horizontal sections. Use a smooth clip to secure all of the sections out of the way. Work on one at a time.
• Blow-dry each section of hair with a large round 100% boar bristle brush to create root volume.
Hold the section of hair up towards the ceiling and direct air flow of the blow dryer from the ends up towards the roots. Finish each section by directing the air flow down the top of the strands from roots to ends.
• When hair is 100% dry and no longer cool to the touch lightly spray the entire head and hair with styling hair spray.
• Use a wide-barrel 2" curling iron to curl 1 1/2" to 2" sections of hair from middle of the hair shaft to the ends.
Note: The smaller the curling iron and size of the strand, the tighter the resulting curls.
After curling each section release from the iron and roll with fingers into an invisible curler. Pin to the scalp with a bobby pin. If your hair doesn't hold curls easily, mist each invisible curler with hair spray to maintain the shape
• After all the curls have been created and allowed to cool and set for at least 30 minutes, undo each curl.
• Bend over at the waist and gently shake out curls. Gently pull and arrange with fingers. Touch up any sections with a curling iron as desired. Use fingers to lightly arrange the curls to add some texture.
• Lift equal sections of hair from the sides and back of the hair to create a half up-half down hairstyle. Llightly back-comb the top back portion of the hair to encourage lush volume.
• Pin back a small amount of hair from each of the two sides, securing just below the back-combed section and pushing it up and back slightly to get extra height.
• Finish with a light brush of shine serum, cream or spray and a light spritz of anti-frizz styling spray.
Carrie Underwood knows how to rock her natural curls and waves on the Red Carpet.
Social Media Network Information
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Date: 04/26/11