Actress Amanda Schull (born August 26, 1978) plays the lovely blonde Dr. Cassandra Raill in the new Syfy television series 12 Monkeys.
In the first episode, Amanda's beautiful blonde hair was coiffed into a gorgeous multi-tiered updo hair twist with an array of looped curls. The hair which had a retro twist was stunning.
The beautiful American actress and former professional ballet dancer is known for her recurring roles on One Tree Hill, Pretty Little Liars and Suits.
She's also known for having gorgeous hair which was evident in her updo on 12 Monkeys.
Step By Step - HowTo - Updo Hair Twist
Follow the steps below on shoulder length or longer hair if you want to steal Amanda's updo hair twist:
1. Wet cleanse detangled pre-treated hair in lukewarm water with the best formula for your hair type, texture, condition and needs.
2. Apply an appropriate rinse out conditioner to hair from the top of the ears to the ends. Avoid the roots.
3. Detangle 2" sections from the ends to the roots using fingers and/or a hair friendly detangling comb.4. Rinse out conditioner and finish with a cool/cold water rinse.
5. Towel blot and do a light accordion squeeze to remove excess water.6. Apply a detangling cocktail including, but not limited to, a leave-in conditioner, defrisant and body building volume amplifier to damp hair.
7. Blow dry hair in 2" sections using a round brush and a hairdryer.8. Once hair is completely dry, separate into 2" sections.
9. Use a curling iron to add soft curls to the hair.10. After each section of hair is curled, roll around fingers and pin to scalp to cool and set.
11. Once hair is completely cool and set, unclip the sections. Use a 100% boar bristle brush to deconstruct curls.12. Working at the top of the head, back brush individual sections of hair to create lush fullness.
Separate Hair Into Three Equal Sections
1. Once the hair has been backbrushed to the desired fullness separate hair into equal sections.2. From the top of the crown to the nape of the neck divide hair into three equal horizontal sections.
3. Use a long tail comb to create the equal sections of hair extending from the middle of the ear on either side.4. Clip off each separate sections so they are temporarily out of the way.
Start With The Middle Section Of Hair
1. Start with the middle section of hair.
2. Unclip the hair.3. Using your fingers and a hair friendly elastic, create a ponytail with a base in the middle of the section.
4. Don't pull the hair through all the way on the last time around creating a large loop.5. Separate the large loop into several smaller loops. Use your fingers to sculpt the size and fullness of the individual loops.
6. Wrap small sections of hair around fingers, Gently push wrapped hair off fingers creating loops.7. Pin the individual loops against the scalp with bobby pins.
8. Continue until you've run out of hair.9. Remember to direct the wavy side of the bobby pin towards your scalp for a firm grip.
10. Once the middle section has been looped and pinned to your satisfaction, repeat all the same steps on the top section of hair.
11. Arrange the loops on the top section to merge with the middle section for a seamless updo.
12.After the top two sections are looped and pinned, finish with the bottom section of hair making sure to merge the final hair into the top two tiers of loops where appropriate.
13. Continue until all of the loops have been pinned to the head securely.
14. Once the updo is arranged to your satisfaction apply 1-2 drop of shine spray with holding hair spray in the palms of your hands and massage together. Lightly brush over the top of your updo to add shine and holding power.
Summary - Updo Hair Twist
Actress Amanda Schull plays the lovely blonde Dr. Cassandra Raill in the new Syfy television series 12 Monkeys.
In her first appearance she wowed with her beautiful blonde hair coiffed into a stunning multi-tiered updo hair twist
Amanda's beautiful blonde hair was styled into a gorgeous multi-tiered updo hair twist with an array of looped curls. Her updo, which had a retro edge, can be copied if the steps listed above are followed.