Valerie has beautiful naturally curly hair which she alternates wearing down in loose curls or up in an array of soft twists. Her natural base color is a rich chocolate brown with an array of caramel highlights and darker chocolate low lights.
To recreate Valerie's gorgeous natural curls follow the steps below:
Step By Step Hair How To
1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with products designed for your hair length, type, texture and current condition. Use your favorite cleansing procedure ranging from full strength shampoo to low poo, diluted shampoo, conditioner only, no poo or water only or a combination.2. Rinse well and gently squeeze excess water from hair with fingers.
3. Apply rinse-out conditioner of your choice from the top of the earlobes down to the ends.4. Use fingers or a wide tooth comb to detangle hair in the shower from the ends up to the roots.
5. Finish with a cool or cold water rinse.6. Blot just cleansed hair with a towel. Do not rub since this will cause frizz to form.
7. Apply leave-in styling cocktail including, but not limited to, a leave-in conditioner, defrisant and/or mousse or styling cream. For added volume through the roots spray volumizer on the roots. Rake the styling cocktail through the strands to distribute well.8. Separate hair into 8 horizontal sections. Work on one section at a time by drying with a long finger diffuser attached to a blow dryer. Allow strand to nestle into the base of the diffuser.
11. Mix a dime size amount of 3 parts styling cream with 1 part gel into the palms of your hands. Rake product coated fingers through the ends of the hair. Avoid over applying product to the hair.12. For additional texture throughout the ends, use a curling iron to enhance ringlets.
13. Apply 1-2 drops of shine serum to the palms of your hands and massage well. Lightly brush the serum coated palms of your hands over the top of your strands.13. Optionally you can apply a shine spray or shine enhancing hairspray instead.
More On Valerie
Valerie has appeared in films such as Cellular and played Grace Santiago in Nip/Tuck. She played a main character in Nip/Tuck, but she left the show just after the first season. She has made guest appearances in series such as Grey's Anatomy and Las Vegas. In 2007, she appeared as Connie Murphy, a tough Chicago police detective, in SciFi Channel's (now cancelled) adaptation of The Dresden Files. The show lasted for one season.
She has also played Maria Nolan on the CW's Hidden Palms. In 2008, she appeared in season three of Dexter, playing Sylvia Prado, the wife of Assistant District Attorney Miguel Prado (Jimmy Smits).
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.