I spent the last hour going back and looking through all the images of American Idol finalist Lauren Alaina from the very beginning until last week's elimination. Lauren Alaina's signature hairstyle is modern rockabilly.
Her hair has changed dramatically, but in a very good way. The color has obviously been softened with the bold white highlights toned down and the base blended for a softer more elegant look.
Related: Check out Lauren's hairstyles in her Celebrity Hairstyle Gallery
Refer to:Lauren Alaina's Bombshell Hair How To
andHow To Steal Lauren Alaina's Wavelicious Hairstyle On American Idol
The Southern Blonde Beauty is a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll. She looks beautiful when her hair is worn with lots of gorgeous texture or stick straight. It appears her natural texture is wavy/curly but over the past few weeks even her curly and wavy styles have been more studied, elegant, beautiful.
Her beautiful make-up played up her stunning eyes and gorgeous. Whether Lauren becomes Season 10's American Idol or not, the beauty can step right onto the cover of just about any fashion, beauty or hair magazine. She's got the voice, the hair, the face...well you get my drift. Try not to hate her because she's beautiful and don't forget to vote in the American Idol finale.
How To Copy Lauren's Rockabilly Ponytail
Follow the steps below to recreate Lauren's hairstyle:
1. Cleanse in lukewarm water utilizing your favorite methodology such as Full Shampoo, Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only (CO), Water Only (WO), Low Poo or a combination.2. Rinse and apply a rinse-out conditioner. Detangle hair from ends to roots using fingers or hair friendly wide tooth comb.
5. Apply desired leave-in styling products to hair and distribute well. Add a defrisant to prevent frizz.6. Separate hair into 4-6 horizontal sections. Use a 100% boar bristle brush and a blow dryer to dry hair each section straight.
7. Keep hair separated into individual sections and run a flat iron from the roots down to the end to add sleekness.8. When hair is 100% dry create a part which runs a few inches back from the front of the hairline and extends from ear to ear.
9. Lift a section of hair adjacent to this part and backcomb the hair with a boar bristle brush. When the desired height is achieved, smooth down the section with your fingertips and spritz with hairspray. Use palm of hand to lightly push the front bump forward.10. Pull the rest of hair along the sides and back up into a high ponytail. Keep pushing the bump area forward as you pull the ponytail into a base. Use a hair-friendly elastic like a Blax or Bungee to secure the base of the pony. If you prefer, you can pull on strand out from the tail and wrap it around the base and secure.
11. Pull a few strands out around the hair line to accent the face and create a side-swept fringe pulled to one side.12. Use fingers to smooth the back of the ponytail or run the flat iron over the middle to the end sections to smooth and add sleekness.
13. Apply 1 or 2 drops of shine serum to the palms of my hands and massage together. Light brush the palms of your hands over the pony to add shimmer.14. Finish with a spritz of hairspray if you wish.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.