Duffy is the wildly popular blonde Welsh soul singer who fronts for Mercy, a very popular group. It was reported she had accidentally set her beautiful hair on fire while she was backstage at a Coldplay concert in Cleveland, Ohio.
(Image of Duffy - DC Media - All Rights Reserved)
While the news of hair on fire might initially sound humorous to some, in reality it was quite a serious life threatening situation for the young star.
Her blonde tresses caught fire when they made contact with a candle in her dressing room. Duffy admitted she wanted to give her dressing room "a little bit of razzle dazzle". So she dimmed the lights and lit a candle.
The trouble occurred when she bent down to clean up melting wax, thinking the candle was out. It wasn't and caught the entire left side of her hair in flames.
Although catching her hair on fire was frightening, she was also scheduled to meet Chris Martin from Coldplay.
She recalls, "at that moment, Chris was walking down the corridor to say, 'Hi'. I hadn't met him before and the place stank of burning hair."
"Somebody came in and said, 'Is someone cooking chicken?' I had black crumbs of hair all down me so I had to give it a chop and pin it back. It was really bad and properly embarrassing. Chris could smell it, you couldn't avoid smelling it.
The morale to this story? Keep your hair away from flames of any kind.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.