Since her famous turn as Special Agent Dana Scully in FOX TV's long-running The X Files, volumes have been written about Gillian Anderson's hair.
Gillian Anderson's sexed up parts are captivating her long time fans as psychotherapist Dr. Bedelia Du Maurier on NBC's psychological thriller-horror series Hannibal.
Note: Warning - Season Three Spoilers Ahead
Gillian is continuing her role as Dr. Du Maurier in Season Three of the NBC hit series. In Seasons One and Two her hair was less sexy and much more professionally styled.
Because Season Three of Hannibal has taken a very dramatic and unusual twist, Dr. Du Maurier's hair has been altered to work with the show's new direction.
The 46 year old actress (August 9, 1968) looks fabulous with her character's more dramatic hairstyles.
She starts out the new season with her strawberry blonde, below-the-shoulder strands, coiffed in dramatic and sexy side parts.Gillian Anderson Sexed Up Parts - HowTo
Without giving too much of the Hannibal plot away, it's probably safe to say Gillian has to reinvent Dr. Du Maurier for the new plot directions. Her sexy parts and gorgeous waves are a perfect combination for her new role.
Follow the steps below to copy Gillian's Dr. Du Maurier hairstyles.
1. Wet cleanse detangled hair in lukewarm water with the cleanse most appropriate for your hair type, texture and needs.2. Rinse cleaner from hair and apply a rinse out conditioner.
3. Detangle hair in 2" sections with fingers or a wide tooth comb from ends to the roots.4. After detangling completely, rinse well and finish with a cool/cold rinse to seal cuticles.
5. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.6. Apply a styling cocktail to damp strands which includes, but is not limited to a leave-in conditioner and a volume enhancing mist or cream to encourage maximum volume.
7. Blow hair bent over at the waist to encourage lift and fullness.
8. When hair is completely dry, bend back over and separate hair into 2" sections.9. Use a two-inch curling iron alternating the direction of each of the created curls for added fullness.
10. After curling each section, roll around fingers to recreate a looped curl. Pin to the scalp.11. Work around the entire head until all of the hair is curled, reformed and set.
12. Remove pins and lightly shake hair bent over at the waist.13. Spray with a light setting spray or Oribe's Dry Texturizing Spray (one of my favorites).
14. Use the long tail of a comb and create a side part from the hairline back towards the crown. You can alternate the length of the part depending upon your own desires.
15. Tuck the hair behind the ear on one side, like Gillian's hair to amp up the sexy part factor.
16. Brush hair over to one side of the part. Use a curling iron to fine tune and sculpt a beautiful side swept wave.17. Finish the look with a light spritz of hairspray and/or shine spray.
Remember, a little bit goes a long way. Optionally you can spray into the palms of your hands and lightly brush over the top of your finished look.Summary - Gillian Anderson's Sexed Up Parts
Gillian Anderson continues her roles as Dr. Du Maurier in Season Three of NBC's psychological thriller-horror series Hannibal.Her hair is styled with a series of dramatic sexed up side parts which make a visual statement about how her role has changed and expanded in the popular NBC series.