Sandra Bullock, who turns 59 on July 26, was deemed People Magazine's Most Beautiful for 2015.
While it's definitely true dull hair ages you, it's also true Sandra Bullock doesn't appear to have that problem.
At least not with her hair.
Whether you agree with Sandra being proclaimed the most beautiful or not, she always has silky, shiny, beautiful hair.
Her glossy hair is youthful and sexy and enhances her overall allure.
Celebrity Hairstylist Robert Hallowell agreed that you could have the most awesome haircut, color, and style, but if your hair is dull, dry, or obviously damaged, you probably won't have that sexy, sassy shine.
Research has consistently shown that people are perceived as much older than they are if they have dull, damaged, or fried strands.
Having sleek, glossy strands instantly peels the years off.
It instantly gives you a more vibrant and youthful image.
During the natural aging process, the body's oil glands shrink. As a result, oil is not produced as efficiently.
The oil that is produced isn't distributed throughout the body the same way it is in younger people.
The end result is hair and skin which is naturally drier.
The diminishing oil supplies can be replenished by eating a diet rich in natural oils, supplementing with omega-3 or omega-6 supplements, and applying oil to the hair.
Besides adding external and internal oils, it's important to avoid the use of heat styling tools or aggressive hairstyling techniques which strip natural oils from the hair.
Hair loss can often contribute to dull, dry hair.
Additionally, hair loss can indicate that other issues may be present.
Hair definitely is a reflection of the health of the body. Make sure you don't have hidden underlying health issues.
1. Review family history of hair loss issues.
2. Ask for blood tests to rule out lupus, thyroid disease, or anemia as the cause of hair loss.
3. Evaluate your prescription meds with your primary care physician to determine if any have a hair loss side effect.
If so, inquire about changing to a supplement without hair loss side effects.
1. Avoid using hair chemicals (color, perms, relaxers) whenever possible.2. Incorporate regularly scheduled restorative deep conditioning and hydration treatments into the haircare program.
3. Minimize wet wash sessions with harsh cleansers which strip natural oils as much as possible.4. Wet wash in lukewarm or cool water to minimize hair damage.
5. Always finish with a cool/cold water rinse to help the cuticle lay flat & reflect light.
6. Air dry when possible to minimize the use of hot hair tools (dryers, irons, hot rollers).
Avoid giving away your true age or looking older than your years by ensuring you keep your hair well-hydrated, shiny, and glossy.One of the reasons Sandra Bullock always looks much younger than her years is because she always has shiny, glossy strands.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.