Sandra Bullock, who turns 51 on July 26, was recently deemed People Magazine's Most Beautiful for 2015.
While it's definitely true dull hair ages you, it's also true Sandra Bullock doesn't appear to have that problem.
Whether you agree with Sandra being proclaimed the most beautiful, since she's not a classic beauty, she always has silky, shiny, beautiful hair.
Most Awesome Cut, Color & Style Is Lost On Dull, Dry Hair
Her glossy hair is youthful, sexy and enhances her overall allure.
Celebrity Hairstylist Robert Hallowell agrees you can have the most awesome haircut, color and style, but if your hair is dull, dry or obviously damaged you probably won't have that sexy, sassy shine.
Research has consistently shown that people are perceived as much older than they are if they have dull, damaged or fried strands.
Having sleek, glossy strands instantly peels the years off.
Causes Of Dry Dull Tresses
During the natural aging process the body's oil glands shrink. As a result, oil is not produced as efficiently.
The oil that is produced isn't distributed throughout the body the same way it is in younger people. The end result is hair and skin which is naturally drier.
The diminishing oil supplies can be replenished by eating a diet rich in natural oils, supplementing with omega-3 or omega-6 supplements and applying oil to the hair.
Besides adding external and internal oils, it's important to avoid use of heat styling tools and aggressive hairstyling techniques which strip natural oils from the hair.
Is Hair Loss A Dull Hair Culprit?
Hair loss can often contribute to dull, dry hair.
Additionally, hair loss can indicate that other issues may be present.
Check For Underlying Health Issues
Make sure you don't have hidden underlying health issues.
1. Review family history of hair loss issues.2. Ask for blood tests to rule out lupus, thyroid disease, or anemia as the cause of hair loss.
3. Evaluate your prescription meds with your primary care physician to determine if any have a hair loss side effect.
If so, inquire about changing to a supplement without hair loss side effects.
How To Achieve Sleek Glossy Strands
1. Avoid use of hair chemicals (color, perms, relaxers) whenever possible.
2. Incorporate regularly scheduled restorative deep conditioning and hydration treatments into haircare program.3. Minimize wet wash sessions with harsh cleansers which strip natural oils as much as possible.
4. Wet wash in lukewarm or cool water to minimize hair damage.
5. Always finish with a cool/cold water rinse to help cuticle lay flat & reflect light.
6. Air dry when possible to minimize use of hot hair tools (dryers, irons, hot rollers).Summary - Dull Hair Ages You
Dull, dry hair will instantly age you.Avoid giving away your true age or looking older than your years by making sure you keep hair well-hydrated, shiny and glossy.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.