Redken Creative Consultant Guido created this perfectly polished, pure-and-simple sultry side braid at a past Valentino runway show in Paris.
Check out how to recreate this sexy side braid in the steps below.
This gorgeous braid can be glammed up for any hair event including formal events or Holiday parties.
1. Wet wash detangled hair in lukewarm water with desired cleansing formulation (shampoo, diluted shampoo, conditioner only, water only, or a combination of formulas).
2. After completely rinsing the cleansing formula from hair, apply a rinse-out conditioner it appropriate for your hair profile.
3. Separate hair into individual 2" sections.
4. Detangle hair slowly from the ends to roots with fingers, or a wide-tooth comb, while hair is saturated with the condition.
5. After completely detangling hair rinse well, finishing with a cool/cold final rinse.
6. Gently accordion-squeeze excess water from wet strands with fingers. Bend over slightly at the waist for maximum benefits.
7. Towel blot hair to remove any additional water. Use a hair-friendly microfiber towel, clean 100% cotton tee, or similar.
8. Apply Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair from roots to ends.
9. Blow-dry straight with a boar bristle brush.
10. Create a clean center part with a fine-tooth comb. Use hands or a boar bristle style brush to direct hair to one side from the back (so the center part stays intact).
11. Tuck the side of the hair you will braid behind the ear.
12. Rub a small amount of satinwear 02 into your hands to help create hair grip as you start to braid. Begin a few inches down from the neck, keeping your wrists and elbows low as you go.
13. Create a braid that’s smooth, but not too tight. Secure with an elastic at the tip, leaving only an inch or two un-braided at the end.
14. Put a few drops of Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine on your hands. Rub together to emulsify. Lightly run your hands over the hair on either side.
15. Slide a trendy headband over the head so that it rests 2-3 inches back from the forehead and covers the front of the ears.
16. Mist hands with Redken fashion work 12 versatile working spray. Massage hands together and then lightly brush over the length of the braid avoiding the headband.
Since the side-braid look is asymmetrical, parting it to one side is an alternative choice.
If you prefer to go for a romantic look rather than a sexy look, design the part to be deconstructed or mess.
It can be glammed up by switching out a trendy headband with a jewel-encrusted version.
Optionally you can wrap the braid into a knot, coil, or chignon positioned at the back of the head.
The options are endless to transition this sexy side braid to alternative styles.Let your imagination run wild. Create your own unique braid.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.