by Cheryl Crosby
If you peek inside my beauty closet, you’ll find the latest and greatest hair and beauty products. And it’s really not my fault… As I flip through the pages of magazines, glossy ads are full of promises that if I try what they’re selling, I’ll be perfectly pretty from head to toe.
But after a while, the price of beauty becomes more than what my bank account can handle, and I’m left to figure out alternative ways to pamper myself without sacrificing the end result. Here are my favorite tips and tricks that will keep you looking like the glamour girl you are for a fraction of the cost!
(All images courtesy of WigSuperstore.com - Jon Renau easihair HD collection - All Rights Reserved)
1. Did you hit the snooze button too many times this morning and had no time to wash your hair? If you’re blonde, pour a little cornstarch based baby powder on your hands, turn your head upside down and use your fingers to tousle through the oily spots. For brunettes, bronzer will do the same thing—you can even keep a compact in your purse for emergency oily hair fixes.
2. For lips that beg to be kissed, get a new toothbrush and apply a small amount of Vaseline petroleum jelly. Brush your lips gently to remove dry flaky skin. After brushing, put a little dab of peppermint oil on your lips to plump them before applying your gloss.
3. Vaseline is also a cheap alternative to keeping your skin moisturized, especially on your feet, suggests Khloe Kardashian. "Once a week I take Vaseline and I put it on my knees my elbows and my feet and I sleep in it because sometimes I just hate being dry. I put socks on over my feet and I swear it's like the cheapest thing you can buy and you're so moisturised."
4. Say goodbye to frizz by rubbing a dryer sheet on your tresses!
5. Keep a travel pack of baby wipes with you to remove makeup, clean and freshen your face and help remove a stain in a case of an emergency. I always make sure my husband has a pack in his car, especially if he gets a stain on his suit and has no time to change before a meeting.
6. Got a pimple? Cover it with a dab of white toothpaste and sleep with it on your face overnight—this really helps to minimize the size! Visine is another way to bring down the swelling and redness of unwanted blemishes.
7. Add a little olive oil to your bath water for a natural skin softener and moisturizer.
8. With two little girls at home, I don’t have time for a manicure. Here's my five minute fix: soak polish free nails in lemon juice. The lemon acts as an astringent and will strip away stains while whitening your nails. Dry your hands, apply topcoat and you’re ready to go.
9. Have you ever slipped on your favorite LBD only to notice a big smear of deodorant down the side? Just grab a cotton sock, rub it across the deodorant smear and it will come right out!
10. Make your own body scrub for super soft skin. Mix one cup brown sugar, one cup raw oatmeal and one cup oil together in a plastic container. To avoid making a mess, stand in the shower without the water turned on, and apply it to your skin using your hands or a wash cloth. When you’re done, just turn the shower on and rinse off—your skin will thank you for it!
To find out more about the gorgeous Jon Renau easihair HD collection featured in this blog please visit our friends at WigSuperstore.com. Please tell them that HairBoutique.com sent you.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.