Valerie Bertinelli (born April 23, 1960 in Wilmington, Delaware) has been making lots of headlines lately. Besides becoming a popular and successful spokesperson for Jenny Craig and succeeding the controversial Kristie Alley, Valerie has written an autobiography about her life with famous ex-husband Eddie Van Halen and how she overcame a cocaine addiction.
Unlike Alley, who reportedly never achieved her ultimate weight goals and was not offered a contract renewal with Jenny Craig, Valerie lost all the weight she wished and became an instant role model for women trying to lose weight.
Val is quoted on IMDB.com as saying "if you say you're fat, all of a sudden people like you!"
Is Val worried about the confessions in her new book? Not according to the interviews I've read.
The former One Day At A Time star (1975 - 1984) who was America's Sweetheart just wants to be real about her life and not hide behind any illusions.
Valerie's only son, Wolfgang, aka Wolfie, has recently been making his own headlines for touring with his famous father's band. Is Valerie worried about the life of sex, drugs and rock and roll? Not at all. She believes Wolfie has learned some hard lessons from his parents and won't fall prey to the hard life on the road.
Wolf and his dad Eddie appeared on the April 2008 cover of Guitar Magazine. It's ironic how much Wolf looks like his mother from her days on One Day At A Time. One thing is for sure, the whole family has been blessed in the good hair department. Even Eddie Van Halen has a full head of hair as he moves into his sixties.
More About Valerie
Even though Valerie has slimmed down and reached her goal weight, her face is still full. Depending on the angle she is photographed from of the way she wears her hair, Valerie's face appears to be a cross between a round and square shape.
She had a strong jaw line and a wide forehead. Her eyes are deep-set but her skin is gorgeous and glowing.
When Valerie was starting in One Day she was known for her very long, silky, dark brown hair. Currently she wears her hair to her collar-bone with side-swept bangs. Her hair alternates between straight with just a hint of texture on the ends to full blown waves and curls.
Her hair appears to be medium thick with medium to straight texture. At a book signing in New York on February 28th she wore her hair with a newly added fringe that looked fresh and sassy.
Steal Valerie's Hairstyle: Step By Step Instructions
Valerie looks stunning with her hair worn down in a sleek style or with texture along the perimeter.
Valerie seems to alternate between wearing her hair brushed off her face or worn cascading along her cheekbones.
Follow the steps below to re-create Valerie's hairstyles shown in this article.
1. Shampoo your hair with a product designed to address your hair's type, texture and current condition. Only one sudsing is necessary. Be sure to rinse really well. If tresses are fine or thin, consider using a volumizing product to pump up fullness. Or you may wish to use a volume enhancing root lift in combo with a volumizing shampoo.
2. Towel dry and then apply a leave-in hair conditioner that will also protect your hair against blow drying and to give hair some weight and manageability unless your hair is fine or thin or flattens easily. If this is the case, use a volumizing mousse product.
3. Use a hair pick or wide toothed comb to carefully detangle your hair. Always remember to start at the bottom of your hair and work your way up to the roots. Take your time so you don't snag or break your hair.
4. Use a medium to large round boar's bristle brush to create fullness and movement. Blow dry hair in sections using the round brush in conjunction with the dryer. If your hair is naturally wavy you may want to consider using a good temporary straightening balm. Right before blow drying, apply a good volumizing root lift or similar product at the roots of the hair to add volume if you want a fuller look at the roots.
5. When your hair is completely dry, use a boar's bristle paddle or flat styling brush to arrange.
6. If you wish to wear your hair completely straight, use a flat iron to go over all the sections that have kinks, bends or waves to get a stick straight finish.
7. For extra shimmer, apply a few drops of shine serum or spray into the palms of your hands. Massage them together to distribute the product and then brush lightly over the top of your hair. Remember that when it comes to shine, a little goes a very long way.
8. Finish with a spritz of hairspray if desired. Dress up your stick straight strands with a skinny headband or other hair accessory.
Option #1 - Long & Lush Hair With Hint Of Curls & Waves Along Ends
Once you have completed Steps #1 - #5 above complete the follow additional steps to add curls and waves along the edges of your l hairstyle:
1. Separate hair into 2 or 2 1/2" sections. Work on only one section at a time. Clip unused sections of hair out of the way. 2. Set each section on a large hot roller. You may use a setting spray or hairspray as an option. 3. Allow curlers to cool completely. 4. Remove curlers one by one and spray with hairspray. 5. Then roll with fingers and pin back into place with bobby pins. 6. Right before leaving the house unpin each section and use fingers to gently tousle for loose curls and waves. 7. Spray well with hairspray. 8. Add shine products for added sparkle.
Add a gorgeous hair accessory such as a headband and/or flower if desired.
Optionally you may take a shortcut by pinning hair up and adding a Jessica Simpson Hairdo which can instantly transform long hair into a medium length bob or curly do.
The clip-in extensions are available in a wide range of colors, textures, lengths in either synthetic or human hair.
Option #2 - Tousled With Fringe
Valerie alternates between wearing her hair in soft tousled bangs which give her a relaxed and casual look, and wearing her hair off her face in a side-swept style.
If you wish to copy Valerie's tousled style, follow Steps #1-5 above, but style bangs so that they fall across the forehead instead of brushing them to one side. Use fingers to tousle the bangs as you blow dry.
For a more tousled look, when blow drying the style, bend over at the waist and use fingers to lift and direct air flow to the roots. This will add volume and will give a messier look.
If desired use a curling iron to add slight fullness and movement to front fringe and along the perimeter. Add cool sunglasses and you are ready to go.
Valerie Bertinelli is back in the limelight. She has accomplished her goal to lose weight and did it in front of millions for the Jenny Craig campaign.
As she shares in her book, she still maintains a loving relationship with her Eddie Van Halen, her ex husband, and her son is doing well in his own life and musical career.
Life is good for Valerie. Expect to see a lot more of this actress in the near future.
Social Media Network Information
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Date: 05/04/11
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.