You are all ready for the Holidays. You've got the gorgeous Holiday dress and you are planning your entrance at a fabulous Winter formal, corporate Christmas bash or some other festive dress-to-the-nines event.
If you are stuck for what to do with your hair this article has some great styles that are easy to do but will wear well with any spectacular gown.
Simple But Elegant
The simple but elegant bun is easy to create and looks elegant when you want to show off a killer jeweled necklace, fabulous earrings or a gorgeous neckline. This style will work for just about any age and for hair that is medium in length to long.
This style is best for hair that is straight and medium to thick. However, if you have naturally curly or wavy hair and are willing to first temporarily straighten your hair with a balm like Phytodefrisant, Mine Smooth Sailing or a similar product you can also easily create this style.
To create this simple but elegant bun style:
1. On hair that is a day old (unwashed) or on clean hair that is prepared with a good mousse, brush hair until it lays smoothly behind your ears.
2. Gather hair into a loose ponytail at the top of your crown. Allow some hair on either side of the ponytail to loosely drape to give the bun a softer and fuller look.
3. Clasp the ponytail with a "hair friendly" elastic band that is the same color as your hair. (Hair in side photo by L'Oreal)
4. Twist the ponytail 2 or 3 times very loosely so that a soft loose knot forms halfway between the top of your head and the top of your neck. Use your hands to fashion and mold your hair into this bun. Make it as full or tight as you prefer. Think of your hair as molding clay and sculpt it into whatever shape seems best for your preferences.
5. Use hair pins that are the same color as your hair and anchor the bun so that it is held softly but firmly in place at the middle of your head.
6. Spray the bun with a good styling spray to keep it in place. If you are going to wear hair jewelry always spray your hair BEFORE applying the hair jewelry.
7. Add hair jewelry like tiny glittery hair jewels or place one larger flower into the bun to instantly dress it up. Match the hair jewels to your dress for a gorgeous accessory option.
8. Take a bottle of styling spray with you in your purse to help control the style.
You are all set to make a grand entrance to any Holiday party or special event.
For an alternative look twist the hair so the bun lays right on the top of the nape of the neck as shown above. This allows you to create a softer and more sensuous look. Jazz up the style with killer earrings and a fabulous cape or wrap.
Drama Queen Hair
Sleek elegant and shiny hair never goes out of style. Right now for the Holidays glamour and drama go hand in hand to define some hot hair looks. This look will never go out of style since it has classic appeal.
The style to the side is very easy to create but will turn heads anywhere that you go. The key to this look for medium to longer hair is dramatic shine.
To create this simple but elegant bun style:
1. On hair that is a day old (unwashed) or on clean hair that with a good mousse, brush hair until it lays smoothly.
2. Bend over and brush all of your hair into a ponytail at the very top and slightly to the side of your crown. Pull a small section of hair out of the gathered hair and leave it to fall loosely over your shoulders. Gather the rest of the hair into a tight ponytail at the very top of your head. Your hair should be in two sections with one section in a ponytail falling over your forehead into the front of your face. The other section should be loose an falling over your shoulder.
3. Be sure to clasp the ponytail with a "hair friendly" elastic band that is the same color as your hair.
5. As an option you can gather all the hair at the very top and side of your hair and twist it into a big comma. Pin the tail of the ponytail as shown to the right into a big loop. Spray with shaping spray. Pull a few strands loose to splay out at the ends of the ponytail.
6. Use hair pins that are the same color as your hair and anchor the ponytail loop so that it is held softly but firmly in place on your head.
7. Spray the loop with a good styling spray to keep it in place. If you are going to wear hair jewelry always spray your hair BEFORE apply the hair jewelry.
Be creative with the style. Pull some strands out to "splay" in different directions. Play with the style until you find the best look for you.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.