Actor Ryan Reynolds was People Magazine's choice for Sexiest Man alive. Although many factors goes into the final decision, hair obviously plays a key role.
Note: Check out Ryan's Celebrity Hairstyle Gallery
Ryan definitely has great looking strands, even though hair watchers have been keeping a close eye on his receding hairline over the years.
Although he's a sizzling hot leading man with an equally hot ex-wife (Scarlett Johansson) and girlfriend (Blake Lively), Ryan doesn't have the classic leading man square jaw and angular face.
Ryan has been known to alter his hair for a movie role, but generally wears his medium chocolate brown hair the same when he's not performing.
Ryan's Triangular Face Shape
In fact, if you look closely, Ryan's face shape is more of a reverse pear or triangular shape. His face is widest at his forehead and narrows throughout the jaw and at the chin.
Although his chin isn't pointy, it's slender in comparison to his much wider forehead.
Not all hair experts would approve of Ryan's trademark tousled and lightly spiked haircut. Regardless, the actor who has loose natural curls doesn't get any complaints from his legions of female fans who think his hair looks sexy.
Other Potential Haircut Options
Ryan's natural curly texture may not be compatible with a traditional schoolboy haircut which requires naturally straight hair for the best results.
His triangular face shape might be instantly softened with the addition of a long fringe worn side-swept across the forehead.
A forehead hugging fringe would balance out the rest of Ryan's face shape while minimizing the appearance of a receding forehead.
Adding additional fullness along the sides would also be a way to balance out his triangular face shape. Ryan would actually benefit from wearing his hair slightly longer to the top of his ears.
Ryan Reynold's Current Hairstyle
Ryan currently wears his naturally curly hair hair cut longer on top. It's worn much shorter and closer to the head on the sides and throughout the back.
The side and back hair is approximately an inch long and is carefully cut around the ears and then blended into the top approximately a finger's length upwards. The longer hair on top is slightly layered to amp up the natural texture.
This allows the actor to achieve a no-fuss tousled style with a well defined shape or to allow his natural curls to form in sassy clumps.
Ryan also has the option to blow dry his hair straight or achieve spikes with the appropriate styling products.
A little styling paste, styling cream or hair wax is needed to style this Ryan's hair depending upon the ultimate finished style.
Ryan Reynold's Hairstyle - How To
Ryan currently wears his naturally curly hair hair longer on top and shorter on the sides.
Follow the steps below to style Ryan's hair:
1. Shampoo detangled hair in lukewarm water with a product designed for the hair's natural type and texture.
If you wish to amp up the volume in thin or fine hair, use a product designed to open up the cuticle and build in fullness.
2. Rinse shampoo completely from hair. If appropriate, apply a rinse-out conditioner and detangle with fingers or a wide tooth comb.
3. Whether applying a rinse out conditioner or not, finish with a cool or cold water rinse to close the cuticle and add natural shine.
4. Towel blot (don't rub) hair to remove excess moisture.
5. Apply styling cream, paste or a combination gel-wax product to your fingertips. Depending on the desired results select from a soft styling cream or a stiff gel-wax.
Pull product coated fingers through the ends of your hair in a downward motion. This will achieve a fresh, semi-wet and slightly textured result.
6. Afterward applying product to the ends apply to the sides and behind the ears.
7. After applying product to the top, back and sides, pinch small sections or clumps of hair in an up and forward motion. To achieve a wetter look, use more product.
8. Apply additional paste, cream or gel-wax to your fingertips rubbing it gently into your roots at the same time lifting the strands. This will add instant shine and texture.
Use your fingers to add desired height and texture. Allow the styling products to dry naturally for a solid hold.
To keep his style looking great, Ryan needs regular trims every 3-4 weeks, depending upon how fast his hair grows, to maintain the proper shape, texture and style.
With his access to some of the best celebrity hairstylists in the business Ryan probably never has to worry about finding a stylist to give him his required trims.
- Revised: 02/12/2011
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.