Actress Jennifer Connelly was born December 12, 1970, at Catskill Mountains, New York. Although she spent four years in Woodstock, New York, she grew up in Brooklyn Heights, just across the Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan.
The 40 year old beauty is famous for her signature veil of cascading chocolate strands which often looks like it's spun with silken threads. Jennifer alternates between a center and side part, but rarely wears a fringe.
More Info: To see more of Jennifer Connelly's hairstyles visit her celebrity hairstyle gallery.
Married to actor Paul Bettany since 2003, the busy actress recently gave birth to her third child, a girl, Agnes Lark.
She also has two sons, Kai who is 13 (from her relationship with photographer David Dugan) and son Stellan who is 7 years old (with Bettany).
The actress who won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her work in the 2001 film, A Beautiful Mind, was spotted just days before her home water birth out in Tribeca, New York with her family.
Jennifer has told the media that 'Becoming a mother has made all the difference in terms of learning to take more responsibility for myself and my life. Parenthood changed the way I do everything."
When she first announced her pregnancy she told TV host David Letterman that she had been "suffering from morning sickness. Jennifer said "It was ... like cell phone service - sketchy. You know how you have your cell phone service and you have to stand in one spot. I have to stand in one spot in my apartment to make a phone call.It was like that with nausea" she added with a laugh.
Connelly can soon be seen in upcoming movie Salvation Boulevard.
How To Steal Jennifer's Silken Hairstyles
If you'd like to steal Jennifer's silken hairstyles follow the steps below. Remember to select products, styling tools and techniques which work best for your hair type, texture and current condition.
The key to Jennifer's shimmering silken strands is the use of minimal styling products. The lack of product makes strands light and airy, but it also requires more maintenance. It looks very natural and stunning.
Celebrity stylist Eugene Souleiman, famous for creating super-shiny coifs for Donna Karan, has explained that the lack of styling products makes tresses light, airy and natural.
1. Detangle hair from ends to roots with a hair friendly comb or similar.
2. Cleanse hair in lukewarm with product designed for your hair type, texture, condition and length. Use desired cleansing methodology such as shampoo, low poo, no poo, Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only (CO), water only (WO).
If your hair is color treated be sure to utilize products or related hair care methodologies which address the care and long term maintenance of your hair color.
3. Rinse out shampoo or similar cleansing product.
Apply a rinse out conditioner from the bottom of the ear lobes to the ends. Detangle with fingers or smooth toothed comb or wide tooth comb.
4. After detangling rinse with a cool/cold water rinse.
5. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.
6. Apply a styling cocktail which consists of minimal products whenever possible. If you must use product use as little as possible consisting of leave-in conditioner, defrisant, straightening cream, mousse or similar.
7. Use a comb to separate hair into 4-6 sections in a pie-slice style pattern.
8. Blow dry hair straight with a 100% boar bristle paddle brush and a blow dryer. To get hair completely straight apply pressure with the brush at the ends of each section.
Hold each section taut as you blow dry directly the air flow of the dryer down the section from the roots to the ends. This builds in natural shine.
9. When hair is 100% dry use a 1" barrel flat iron on individual 2" sections arranged in a pie-slice formation. Work around the head from side to side creating sleek sections.
10. After hair is completely ironed and cool use a 100% boar bristle paddle brush to arrange hair.
11. Use a long tail comb and create a deep side part extending from the hairline to the back of the head. Use the brush or fingers to direct all the hair over to one side from the side part.
12. Separate out a 2-4" section of hair at the back of the head adjacent to the crown. Tease it with a brush to the desired height. Smooth hair down with fingers and direct to the side of the head.
13. After the side part has been created and the crown hair has been teased and smoothed down, direct all the hair towards one side.
14. Finish with a drop or two of shine serum massaged into the palms of the hands and lightly brushed up and over the top of the finished hairstyle.
Other Jennifer Connelly Hair Secrets
Jennifer's base hair color is a dark auburn brunette with a hint of lighter auburn highlights interwoven throughout the interior to add shimmer and shine.
The beautiful rich color has lushness, movement and brilliant shimmer. Jennifer's hair is rich, sexy and very seamless.
A minimal use of styling products makes strands light and airy, but it also requires more maintenance. It looks very natural, but it’s not that easy to pull off.
Jennifer is famous for her hair which at times combines an element of tousle but polish. Her hair is the perfect hairstyle to reflect who she is.
Social Media Network Information
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Date: 10/04/11
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.