Hillary Scott is part of the wildly popular country trio, Lady Antebellum (Lady A), which is famous for their Grammy-winning album "Need You Now". Hillary is not only beloved for her role as part of Lady Antebellum but also as hair, fashion and beauty icon.
More Info: To see more of Hillary Scott's hairstyles visit her celebrity hairstyle gallery.
Lady Antebellum consists of Hillary as well as Dave Haywood and Charles Kelley. The group transitioned from promising country up-and-commers to one of the most successful crossover acts in music history.
"Need You Now" was the top-selling country album of 2010 with 3 million copies sold, and the title track was the top-selling digital download.
The song netted most of the major country awards, and Lady A won a leading five Grammys, including song of the year.
The album produced three multi-week No. 1s on the country chart and pushed the trio into headliner territory on the road, where they spent much of 2010 after the January release of the album turned everything upside down.
On October 26, 2010, Kellie, known for her country chic hairstyles won Country Weekly's title of most beautiful woman in country music for the second year in a row. Redhead Reba McEntire and blonde Carrie Underwood were in second and third places, respectively.
Although Kellie placed sixth in the American Idol (AI) finals, she is considered by many to be the most beautiful AI female top ten finalists in the history of the reality TV show.
Kellie has been very vocal about her personal idol, who is Dolly Parton. She's dressed like Dolly in the past to honor her. There's no doubt Kellie has shaped her body and her hair to reflect Dolly's country music style.
Hillary Scott Hair Transformations
Ironically judge Simon Cowell preferred Kellie over Carrie Underwood, the previous season's winner. Cowell hinted that Kellie was going to be in the top three. The quirky, sweet and chic country singer was never in the bottom three on American Idol until she was eliminated.
Kellie beloved by fans, other AI graduates, Ellen Degeneres and other celebrities and songwriters. A charming, funny and adorable talk show guest, she has been on Ellen's talk show many times where she leave the hostess in stitches with her many antics and tales of her life.
The young country music beauty is also sought after as a celebrity in the fashion world. Kellie can often be seen attending the top catwalk shows accompanied by other big name celebs like Kelly Osbourne and Rumer Willis.
Family And Friends In High Places
The young beauty is a lot country with a little bit rock and roll. Recently the beautiful blonde songbird married songwriter Kyle Jacobs on January 1, 2011 in a small, intimate ceremony on a private island in the Caribbean. Pickler and Jacobs dated for two and a half years, got engaged on June 15, 2010 and married less than six months later.
Kellie is the kind of American Idol star who all the other female Idols adore. She's great friends with Carrie Underwood and Katherine McPhee. The cutie pie also hangs with Miranda Lambert and Taylor Swift.
When Kellie first burst onto the American Idol scene she had long blonde bone straight strands. Since her days on Idol she's favored mostly blonde hues.
Although she's transitioned from her initial AI long tresses to a sassy chin length bob, currently she's rocking long lush white blonde strands which she mostly wears straight, but with lots of volume. Does she have her hair extended for length and/or fullness? Only her celebrity hairstylist knows for sure.
Kellie is definitely a beauty and looks best as a blonde, but is just as gorgeous rocking long silky strands or a short and sassy bob.
How To Steal Kellie's Country Chic Long Hairstyle
If you'd like to steal Kellie's country chic long tressed hairstyle follow the steps below. Remember to select products, styling tools and techniques which work best for your hair type, texture and current condition.
This hairstyle which is styled with the sweeping fringe showcases Kellie's gorgeous facial features.
1. Detangle hair from ends to roots with a hair friendly comb or similar.
2. Cleanse hair in lukewarm with product designed for your hair type, texture, condition and length. Use desired cleansing methodology such as shampoo, low poo, no poo, Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only (CO), water only (WO).
If your hair is color treated like Kellie's be sure to utilize products or related hair care methodologies which address the care and long term maintenance of your hair color.
3. Rinse out shampoo or similar cleansing product.
Apply a rinse out conditioner from the bottom of the ear lobes to the ends. Detangle with fingers or smooth toothed comb or wide tooth comb.
4. After detangling rinse with a cool/cold water rinse.
5. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.
7. Use a comb with smooth teeth or a tail to separate hair into 4-6 sections in a pie-slice style pattern.
8. Blow dry hair straight with a 100% boar bristle paddle brush and a blow dryer. To get hair completely straight apply pressure with the brush at the ends of each section.
Hold each section taut as you blow dry directly the air flow of the dryer down the section from the roots to the ends. This builds in natural shine.
9. When hair is 100% dry use a 1" barrel flat iron on individual 2" sections again arranged in a pie-slice formation. Work around the head from side to side creating sleek sections.
10. After hair is completely ironed and cooled use a 100% boar bristle paddle brush to arrange hair.
11. Use a long tail comb and create a deep side part extending from the hairline to the back of the head. Use the brush or fingers to direct hair over to the side from the side part.
12. Separate out a 2-4" section of hair at the back of the head adjacent to the crown. Tease it with a brush to the desired height. Smooth hair down with fingers and direct to the side of the head.
13. After the side part has been created and the crown hair has been teased and smoothed down, direct all the hair towards one side.
14. Finish with a drop or two of shine serum massaged into the palms of the hands and lightly brushed up and over the top of the finished hairstyle.
Other Hillary Scott Hair Secrets
Since her appearance on American Idol Season 5 the beautiful country songbird has gone through some significant transformations which have given her a more glam and sophisticated appearance.
Since leaving AI, Kellie's base hair color has ranged from a very light white baby blonde to a richer golden blonde. Kellie's base hair color is always highlighted and low lighted with a range of complementary hues to give her tresses the appearance of lushness, movement and shimmer.
If you look closely you will notice Kellie's hair has much lighter locks around her face which brightens her complexion and plays up her beautiful eyes and lips.
Kellie Pickler is famous for her country chic sexy glam look. She's pure sass and her blonde hair worn in a variety of styles perfectly reflects who she is.
Kellie's the total package and wraps everything up in a sweet, funny Southern charm with a gigantic talent.
Social Media Network Information
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments.
They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Date: 06/11/11
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.