When it comes to hair care, there are a few basic rules that everyone should consider adopting for the long term health of their strands.
Many celebrities like Jennifer Aniston, Angelina Jolie and Taylor Swift are famous for their gorgeous manes. Celebrities achieve great hair from following good general hair care tips including taking high quality hair vitamins and supplements.
These tips include the following:
- Always use a treated elastic hair band like a Blax, Bungee or similar, when you put your hair into a braid or ponytail. This will prevent hair breakage and loss which results from using a plain rubber band. Never use a rubber band. Rubber bands will rip, tear and damage hair.
- Never sleep in a tight braid or ponytail. This practice may cause ongoing hair breakage and/or loss over time.
- Always carefully remove tangles from your hair with a pick or brush before shampooing. This will prevent unnecessary knots and tangles making hair much easier to dry, style and braid.
- If you plan on trying out a brand new hairstyle for a special event (e.g. wedding or prom) always plan to practice several times before the big event arrives. This will guarantee great results.
- Never brush wet hair. This guarantees breakage because hair is most fragile when wet. Although some hair experts don't agree with this tip, the majority do.
- Use a good wide tooth comb, pick or your fingers to untangle your hair as you dry it. Hair should be 100% dry before brushing.
- Braid your hair while it's still damp and allow hair to aid dry while braided. This will add beautiful waves to the hair when you undo the braids.
- Keep hair easy and simple. Hairstyles look great when they are natural with a few waves or curls.
Note: This article was originally published in 1998 and has been revised and updated on an ongoing basis since the original publication date. All HairBoutique.com articles are constantly being updated in this manner to provide the latest hair and beauty information.
- Revised Publication Date: 05/19/12
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.