The fabulous Christina Aguilera (born December 18, 1980) keeps all of her fans guessing with her ever changing array of hairstyles, hair hues and looks.
One of Christina's classic hairstyles was a sleek updo hairstyle which featured her white blonde hair swept into a back-of-the-head chignon. The front of her hairstyle featured a super short faux pixie fringe.
She rocked this gorgeous hairstyle at the 2008 Grammy Nominations Concert (December 3, 2008). The superstar arrived at the Nokia Theater in a shimmering dark metallic silver gown which showcased her fabulous curves.
She performed "I Loves You Porgy" from George Gershwin's "Porgy and Bess"
Note: For more photos visit The Christina Aguilera Hairstyle Gallery
Performing New Mom Balancing Act
Since giving birth to her baby boy Max Liron approximately 11 months ago (January 12, 2008), the glam pop rockers has told the media she is working a "balancing act" that all new moms face.
While she has been fine tuning her role as a mother, the superstar has also been transforming her hair color. She has been transitioning from her more buttery blonde from 2007 to the white platinum blonde she rocked at the Grammy Concert.
Christina's sleek bun provided different looks from different angles. From the front view it appeared that Christina has gone with a new pixie chop, until you see the sleek wrapped bun peek out from the side.
Her forehead framing "Pixie" style fringe appears to have been razor cut to give it a heavily texturized look which perfectly accents herruby red lips and vibrant blue eyes.
Steal The Sleek Updo Style - How To
Christina is not wearing an ornate style of updo. More precision would be required to recreate her updo hairstyle than if creating a messy or tousled hairstyle.
Christina's Grammy updo can be worn standalone to allow the gown to take center focus. Or it can be combined with a wide range of hair accessories.
The appropriate hair jewels for the updo hairstyle might include a skinny crystal encrusted headband, a flirty array of sparking beads, or even a sassy crystal encrusted tiara or tiara comb.
The type of bun you opt for should definitely match the type of outfit you are wearing.
If you're wearing a more formal dress a messy bun is probably not the best choice. For more formal wear your bun, twist or chignon should incorporate more finishing than when for a more casual event.
Step By Step Instructions - Sleek Updo Hairstyle
This sleek updo bun hairstyle is ideal for hair which is shoulder length or longer. If your hair is medium or shorter in length you may wish to first attach a clip-in pony, long hair extensions piece or a clip-on hair extension cap like the one available from the HairDo or similar vendors.
Even people with shorter strands can achieve an absolutely fabulous updo hairstyle with hair extensions.
Listed below are the detailed steps you should follow to recreate this spectacular Sleek Updo HairStyle:
1. Shampoo hair with product designed for your specific type, texture and current condition of hair.
Keep in mind when hair is allowed to "age" a few hours before wrapping it into a bun will cut down on the "slippage" factor. When hair is freshly washed it may be harder to mold into the desired bun.
2. Finish shampoo treatment with a rinse-out conditioning product designed for your hair type, texture and condition.
Note: If you have fine/thin hair you may wish to skip any rinse-out or leave-in conditioner. Complete the final rinse with cool/cold water rinse to close cuticles.
3. Towel blot hair to remove excess water.
When hair is completely detangled, apply a styling cocktail that includes a mixture of leave-in conditioner and/or styling cream or mousse.
Note: If your hair requires extra hold you may wish to apply a styling glaze and/or gel in addition to a leave-in product.
5. Create desired parting (front, side, high or low) for your own face shape and hair type.
Note: Christina's Sleek Updo Bun is based upon a short off-center part line. Any type of part can work with this type of bun.
7. Use a blow dryer set on medium heat and a large flat paddle brush. Separate hair into 2-4 inch sections with one hand as you direct the heat "down the shaft" from the "roots to the ends" with the blow dryer.
Continue to work completely around your head from side to side working with individual sections until the entire head has been completely dried and straightened.
8. Apply dab of styling cream or pomade before creating the desired front part. After creating the desired front part, create a horizontal part that extends across the back of the head behind each ear. Basically the part will run from ear to ear.
Use your fingers or a clean toothbrush to smooth over any loose hair.
11. When the new ponytail is placed according to your desired location on your head use your fingers to pick up the end of the tail. Begin to wrap the tail in a counter clockwise direction up and around the base of the pony.
You have the option to wrap the tail loose and soft in a cinnamon style or tighter in a more ballerina shape. Select the shape you feel most comfortable with or which best suits your dress.
Sweep the remaining front hair into a eye brushing side fringe. Use a flat iron to get a sleek finish.
If you prefer, you can style your fringe in a different style to fit your ultimate hairstyle goals. Or you can wear this Sleek Updo Style swept up completely off your face.
13. Place bobby pins discreetly around the side swept front hair to help anchor the sweep of hair into the back of the style. When hair has been completely pinned and is ready to be finished, spray the entire head with a firm hold hairspray.
14. Finish with a light application of shine spray or drops carefully palmed over the top of the waves to prevent them from getting too much product which can make hair greasy or oily. Remember, a little goes a long way.
Christina's gorgeous up hair style looks stunning with either a strapless gown to show off satiny shoulders or a full or half halter top gown, as shown above. This style is perfect for all special Holiday, Prom and Party Hair events.
This Sleek updo hairstyle can be easily modified by adding a front braid, by pulling the base of the updo to the side, making the base higher or lower.
Experiment with a number of different options to create the same basic messy updo, but always changing it up a bit for each different event or fashion.
- Revised Publication Date: 12/22/11
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.