The upcoming Royal Wedding was the inspiration for this gorgeous classic bridal up created by celebrity hairstylist Sherri Jessee, a member of the Rusk Creative Team, and owner of Sherri’s Hair Salon in Bristol, Virginia.
Sherri gave this gorgeous but relatively easy updo the title of Princess Bride because it's so beautiful British Royal Kate would look stunning in this hairstyle.
A classic bridal updo hairstyle works for just about any type of wedding from informal to very formal because it can be modified to work with the bridal gown.
To make sure that this classic bridal up hairstyle was picture perfect Sherri used her own daughter, Amy Lauren, as her model.
Sherri noted "I practiced the" hairstyle "on Amy the day before to see how they (the hairstyles) would read on camera."
Instructions - How To Copy
1. Start by washing your hair in lukewarm water utilizing your normal cleansing procedures. Use products designed for your hair type, texture and current condition.
If you have chemically treated or colored hair be sure to use a product designed to extend the color or add needed moisture like Phytobrush.
If you wish to enhance your natural texture consider using a texture enhancing product mix like PhytoCurl which helps define curls.
2. Rinse well and apply a rinse-out conditioner. With the conditioner in your hair use your fingers or a wide tooth comb to detangle strands. Work from the ends to the roots.
3. After detangling rinse well. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse which helps to seal in moisture, add shine and enhance the hair's ability to form curls and waves.
4. Carefully squeeze out any excess water with your fingers. Do not rub wet strands. Use a combination of techniques from squeezing out the excess water and then blotting strands with a towel.
5. Towel blot with a thick towel to remove excess moisture. It's best to wait until hair is no longer dripping before applying styling products.
6. Apply your product cocktail of choice to the middle and ends of your strands. Don't be afraid to layer products to get the best look.
Avoid applying product near the roots which may weigh them down except in the case of adding volume sprays like Phytovolume Actif or similar.
You may wish to mix a defrisant products along with your styling product to add texture and block frizz at the same time. It is possible to mix Phytodefrisant with your favorite mousse, glaze or paste.
7. Blow dry strands straight using a paddle style brush and a blow dryer.
Use a cool setting on a low speed to avoid blowing out the newly formed texture.
8. When hair is completely dry separate into 6-8 individual sections.
9. Create beautiful body by misting each section with RUSK W8Less Plus and roll the hair on hot rollers.
10. Roll each section onto hot rollers. Allow roller to completely cool before removing.
11. Separate out the front side-swept fringe from the rest o your hair. Pull the remaining hair back into a high ponytail. Secure with a hair friendly elastic.
12. Pin a Patrick Cameron hair pad or similar underneath the pony base as shown to the side.
13. Smooth pony tail over the hair pad, tuck the ends under and pin securely into place with bobby pins the same color as your hair.
For more fullness lightly backcomb the pony before smoothing over the hair pad.
14. Lightly tease front fringe section. Smooth strands down and softly sweep back low across forehead to create a soft fringe.
Optionally this gorgeous bridal updo hairstyle can be created without a fringe or veil. The hairstyle can be modified to work with your specific goals.
Adding The Appropriate Finish
Apply the shine serum or spray of choice to the palms of your hands. Rub the product into the palms and then lightly glide over the top of the teased style to add instant shimmer and shine and remove any roughness.
17. Allow the hair spray or shine products to completely dry. Glide a beautiful tiara, tiara comb or other crystal encrusted hair comb at the crown to finish the updo. Pin a veil, if desired, to the back of the updo. Afterall, a veil adds instant romance.
The upcoming wedding of British Royals Prince Charles and Kate Middleton was the inspiration for this stunning Princess Bride updo designed and created by talented celebrity hairstylist Sherri Jessee.
This hairstyle is a classic shape and can be modified for a range of formal hair events such as Prom or similar.
Social Media Network Information
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting The HairBoutique Blog. We very much appreciate your comments. We apologize in advance, but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
- Revised Publication Date: 04/25/11
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.