With the upcoming release of the The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I, the third film adaptation of Suzanne Collins' bestselling books, may trigger a brand new braiding frenzy.
After all, Katniss Everdeen, savior of Panem, has another touch assignment ahead of her which usually requires some type of braided hairstyle.
Traditionally Katniss wears a side braid which is a cross between a waterfall and French braid, but for the lazy braid hack, you can't create a similar look with a traditional three strand braid.
Of course the film release is the perfect time for a lazy braid hack.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I
The movie is expected to gross between $150 million to $160 million in its opening weekend, with some industry estimates putting the possible gross at $170 million, according to people who have seen pre-release surveys.
That's a lot of people checking out the latest Jennifer Lawrence braids.
Jennifer Lawrence's Iconic Side Braid
Do you dream of being Jennifer Lawrence or channeling her iconic side braid?
This braid works best on straight or pre-straightened hair which is naturally shoulder length or longer.
The hairstyle can also be re-created on hair which has been enhanced with either temporary or semi-permanent hair extensions.Step By Step Instructions Of Lazy Braid Hack
Here’s how to get a version of Katniss Everdeen’s textured over-the-shoulder side braid from the Hunger Games franchise:
1. Start with dry pre-straightened tresses. If you prefer, you can dry cleanse the hair with a dry shampoo or powder.2. Apply a small amount of mousse or styling cream to the middle and end sections of the hair.
3. Make sure to distribute the desired styling product completely through strands.4. Use a boar bristle brush to smooth all of the product saturated strands.
5. Create a deep side part on either side of the head.6. Direct and smooth all of the hair to the other side of the head and position hair over one shoulder.
7. Divide hair into three equal sized strands.
8. Create a classic 3 strand Dutch-style braid.9. Begin the braid by crossing the middle strand over the right strand, then the middle strand over the left strand.
10.Braid all of the way down the length of the strands.11. Secure the ends of the braid with a hair friendly elastic band. Leave a small amount of hair out of the braid.12.Wrap the strand around the elastic band, then secure with a small bobby pin positioned on the underside of the braid.
13.Apply a tiny amount of shine serum and/or shine spray to the palms of your hands. Massage together. Swipe the palms of the hands over the top of the braid.14.Use fingers to gently pull the strands out of the plaint to fatten and add messy volume to the braid.
Summary - Lazy Braid Hack
With the release of the latest Katniss Everdeen adventure, expect a new interest in her side-swept braid which can be defined as a cross between a waterfall braid and the French braid.
Although the authentic Katniss side-swept braid is a cross between a waterfall and French braid, you can do a lazy braid hack and create a tousled side-swept three strand Dutch braid.Not only is the lazy braid hack a chic way to keep hair out of your face, it also looks sophisticated for a night out.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.