Channeling a unique interpretation of sixties-style indie pop, Betty Who's blonde crop hairstyle adds to her unorthodox appeal. The latest Internet singing sensation, fans are thrilled by her infectious brand of music.
Whether you define Betty Who (Jessica Anne Newham) as a true pop star or see her more edgy indie pop roots, it doesn't really matter.
With her bold fashion choices, her impressive six foot one inch curvy body and the way the 22-year old struts her stuff while belting out her signature tunes, you can't help but gawk at her platinum crop.
Indeed, even though she's only 22-years-old, Betty Who's Blonde Crop hairstyle is just one piece of the Glamazon stage presentation she enthusiastically shares.
Amping Up Her White Hot Hair
Amping up her white hot hair with edgy make-up, the classically trained cellist has just signed on to be the opening act for pop star Katy Perry during the Australian leg of the Prismatic World Tour in November this year.
Betty has been making her mark on the streets of LA recently, while filming her music video for a new track - Somebody Loves You on Thursday.
Although her hair is cropped short, the Sydney born, New York-based vocalist wears it in a voluminous over-the-top sweep. Her hair flows and pulsates while she contorts her often shoeless body into her famous shapes when she performs.
More About Betty
Betty moved to the US in 2007 to attend the Interlochen Center for the Arts, which counts Norah Jones, Rufus Wainwright and Josh Grobam amongst it's alumni.
A self taught pianist and guitarist, the natural performer kicked off her career aged 16, releasing her first EP The Movement in 2013, before releasing a follow up Slowing Dancing in April this year, which hit number one in the iTunes chart.
Short Platinum Blonde Crops Are Hot
Betty's sassy platinum blonde crop is similar to the edgy hairstyles worn by other pop/rock stars including Miley Cyrus, Gwen Stefani and Pink, to name just a few.
There's no question the white blonde crop makes a dramatic style statement.
Betty's platinum blonde crop morphs into different looks. Her razor sharp crop which perfectly highlights her bone structure has longer pieces on top which she wears swept over to one side.
How To Cut – Betty Who's Blonde Crop
Betty's platinum blonde crop hairstyle can best be described as a graduated triangular haircut with a build-up of weight away from the head. The hair is cut shortest at the nape of the neck with the longest layers away from the face.
The hair cut’s elevation is most likely 1-89° with medium tension and cut with a backward over direction.
Step By Step Cutting Instructions – Betty Who's Blonde Crop
A short platinum blonde crop haircut may work for most hair types and textures. It may not work as well for hair which is naturally textured unless the hair has been chemically relaxed or straightened which may not be compatible with bleaching.
For best results to create a crop haircut like Betty's platinum blonde crop ask a professional hairstylist to access your hair type and texture to determine if your hair is compatible with a cut like Betty's short crop.
Betty Who's Platinum Blonde Crop Haircut
If you decide to go with a short crop like Betty has, ask your professional hairstylist to cut your hair following the basic steps below:
1. Before starting to cut separate hair into four standard segments based upon a natural part.2. Start cutting hair with a scissors at the back of the head.
3. Use section-angle accuracy. Section hair using vertical-diagonal-forward sections.4. All of the sections should rotate from vertical-diagonal-forward sectioning to horizontal-diagonal-forward sections.
5. Cut hair using a 45-degree elevation.6. Over direct hair back onto previously cut sections.
7. Cut hair parallel to each section at the sides from the high occipital area to the top of each ear.8. Decrease section elevation at the ear and continue to over direct the hair back while continuing to cut.
9. Decrease elevations above the round of the head.
Cross Check Haircut Basic Shape
Be sure to cross check the basic shape of the haircut by using vertical-diagonal-forward sections. Use horizontal-diagonal-forward sections to cross check triangular sections of the cut.
Always use the same section elevation used in creating the basic shape of the cropped haircut.
Platinum Blonde Crop With Long Full Fringe
If you wish to use a razor, it should only be used on the edges or the accent pieces along the side of the face to create a wispy edge.
How To Color – Betty Who's Platinum Blonde Crop
One of the best haircuts for platinum blonde hair is a super short crop. Not only is it easier to keep up with root regrowth, the traditional damage the bleach causes to strands is minimized when hair is worn super short.
Although most people can go as white blonde as Betty, when in doubt visit a professional hair colorist who can safely take your natural hair color to the level of white blonde you desire.
In most cases a high lift bleach product will be required to achieve the desired platinum. If you're comfortable bleaching your hair at home one of the best kits is from Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach Kit 40 Volume.
How To Style – Betty Who's Platinum Blonde Crop
1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with a hydrating, bleached hair nourishing formula. For dry or damaged hair consider using a Diluted Shampoo (DS), no poo or conditioner only (CO) formulation.2. Rinse well and apply a rinse-out conditioner which supports platinum blonde color.
Note: It’s important to keep a platinum hue bright without brassy tones. Use color protective cleansing, conditioning and styling formulas or products designed specifically for platinum hair.
3. Finger pick hair to remove any tangles.4. Rinse conditioner completely from hair.
5. Finish with a cool or cold water rinse.6. Towel blot.
7. Apply leave-in styling conditioner which may include, but not limited to, a defrisant, leave-in conditioner and/or a heat protectant mousse, styling cream or gel. For extra root lift apply an appropriate product specifically to the roots.8. Flat wrap the hair by blow drying all of the hair forward and backward to remove 80 percent of the moisture.
9. Finish the blow drying by drying hair in the same direction used to create the basic shape.10. For extra root lift use fingers to lift individual sections and blow dry hair from the ends to the roots.
11. Run a 1″ or 1 1/2″ flat iron through the fringe and longest layers to create a super sleek look.
Summary – Betty Who's Blonde Crop
A bold platinum blonde hue like Betty Who rocks is irresistibly glamorous. The beautiful platinum blonde color is showcased with a short crop.
Betty Who's platinum blonde cropped hairstyle is a graduated triangular haircut with a dramatic build-up of weight away from the head. Hair is cut shortest at the nape of the neck with the longest layers away from the face.
This type of haircut provides the option to wear hair in more than one way with tiny barrettes or clips by pulling the longer layers back towards the crown. For adding fullness or height lightly back brush.While the hair color, cut and hairstyle work for many hair types and textures, work with your professional stylist to achieve a custom color and cut for you.