Betty Draper, aka Elizabeth "Betty" Hofstadt Francis, is a fictional character on AMC's Mad Men popular television series.
Played by blonde and beautiful actress January Jones, fans often want to know how to copy Betty Draper's hair.
Although the stunning Betty has worn a series of 60s era hairstyles during the seven seasons of the show, she is best known for her softly tousled, 60s style, loose collarbone wavy hairstyle.
Betty wore the tousled hairstyle off and off throughout the entire series.
How To Copy - Step By Step
Betty's signature hairstyle works best on collarbone length hair with long graduated layers.
The hairstyle can be created on newly wet washed or dry washed strands.
Although it can be re-created on all types and textures of hair, Betty's iconic Mad Men hairstyle works best on medium to thick hair which is naturally straight or has been temporarily straightened.
1. Use a tail comb to create desired side part on 100% dry hair which has been completely detangled and pre-straightened.
Note: Betty tends to wear her hair parted on the right side.
2. Spray palms of hands and fingers with a styling spray.3. Section the hair parallel to the side part in small sections.
4. Pick hairspray infused fingers and palms through strands from the roots to the ends.5. Curl the hair directly adjacent to the hairline and direct the curl towards the face.
6. Use a 3/4 inch curling iron and curl small sections of hair. Make sure to curl the entire head.7. After you curl each section with the iron, roll the new curl around your fingers to reform the curl. Clip against your scalp to set and completely cool. Move to the next section.
Note: If you prefer to use hot rollers instead of an iron, section pieces of hair sprayed with the thermal styling spray of your choice. Set rollers parallel to the side part. Place rollers throughout the sides and back of the whole head.
8. Consistency is keep. Make sure to section and curl the hair into equal sized small sections regardless whether you use the curling iron or hot rollers.
9. Allow all the clipped curls or curlers to completely cool before unpinning or unrolling. This helps the set to last longer.10. Use fingers to break up the curls and deconstruct.
11. For a smooth finish, brush hair from roots to ends with a 100% boar bristle round or paddle brush such as a Mason Pearson or similar.12. Brush into a smooth style or continue to use fingers only to get a more pieced out finish. Use a curling iron to touch up any sections not curling properly.
13. Lightly push the waves into place with some light styling cream applied to your fingertips.14. When you have the hair arranged to desired wave, finish with hairspray to hold the style.
Summary - How To Copy Betty Draper's Hair
Classic hairstyles like Betty Draper's glammed up Made Men style never go out of style.
With the proper hairstyle and a little time with a curling iron you'll be able to copy Betty Draper's glam hairstyle.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.