Carly Rose Sonenclar (born April 20, 1999 in New York City) is a 13 year old American child actress, singer and songwriter. She made it all the way into the finalist in the second season of the X Facter which premiered in the Fall of 2012.
Carly was mentored on her journey to the X Facter finals by the iconic Britney Spears who was new to the judging team for the X Factor.
The adorable young X Factor contestant who resides in Mamaroneck, New York with her family, blew the judges and the audiences away with her big voice, adorable smile and courage to fight hard for her place in the talent contest.
Britney Spears told Carly Rose early in the contest that she was an amazing little diva. It was no surprise to new fans of this major talent to learn that she began singing at age two, imitating several of the performers on the early years of American Idol.
She took numerous singing, dancing and acting classes, and one of her teachers put her in touch with a New York City talent agency, which signed her. Carly Rose is dedicated to her family, especially her older brother Russell who appeared on the X Factor with her.
Carly Rose's talent and her appearance have grown by leaps and bounds as the X Factor season unfolded. She made it to the top of the leader board on two occasions, knocking out country singer Tate Stevens. Before the finals Carly Rose dropped back to second place behind Tate.
Carly Rose Hairstyles On X Factor - Carly Rose Sonenclar Hair HowTo
The beautiful 13 year old Carly Rose has long light chocolate brown hair which she wears in a variety of age-appropriate styles. As she continued to survive on the X Factor her hairstyles became more sophisticated and she added beautiful hair accessories including an adorable selection of hats.
Although she wore her hair up for a few performances, her primary hairstyle was long, lush and embellished with loose curls and waves throughout the edges.
Carly Rose's classic long milk chocolate strands are expertly angled so that they fall slightly forward into beautiful points along her face. Her long hair is cut so that it has natural beautiful movement and body. Carly Rose's stellar hairstyles often showcase maximum fullness throughout the crown. She often wears a side part.
Her current hair length allows Carly Rose to either part her hair down the middle and wear a shimmering veil of chocolate brown strands framing either side of her face or to wear a side part with a side-swept eye covering fringe.
When she wears the style with the peek-a-boo fringe she also has the option to tuck the opposite side behind one ear and pull the ends forward to frame her neck. Whether worn with or without the side-swept strands, the style is perfect with her classic oval shaped face and gorgeous skin and eyes.
Auburn Highlights - Carly Rose Sonenclar Hair HowTo
If you look closely you will be able to see that Carly Rose's milk chocolate brown tresses have been very carefully highlighted with ribbons of rich auburn color placed strategically throughout her tresses to add the illusion of fullness and depth. The auburn highlights placed against the soft chocolate base also helps to bring out a blinding shine.
Step By Step - Carly Rose Sonenclar Hair HowTo
Carly Rose's hairstyle can be customized to work with just about any face shape, hair type or texture. For naturally curly or wavy hair the strands can be blow dried with a diffuser to enhance the natural texture or with a round brush.
This style is ideal for hair which is medium in thickness.
Follow the steps below to recreate Carly Rose's hairstyle:
Start with a precision hair cut with slight layers which are scissored to frame the face and neck.
1. Start by washing your detangled hair in lukewarm water with a product designed to add back moisture and to treat colored or highlighted hair with tender loving care.
2. Rinse hair well and then apply a moisturizing rinse-out conditioner focusing the products on the areas of the hair which are most dry or damaged. If your hair is fine or thin you may wish to skip this option.
For extra conditioning substitute the rinse-out conditioner with a deep conditioner which is allowed to soak down into the hair's shaft.
3. Finish with a cool/cold rinse to lock in moisture and add additional shine.
4. Towel blot to remove excess moisture. Apply a conditioning detangling spray or leave-in conditioner and detangle strands with a wide tooth comb working from the ends to the roots.
Create either a center or side part, depending on how you wish to style your hair.
Note: If your hair is prone to frizzing apply a defrisant product or mix with your other styling products. It has been reported in the past that many celebrities, including Britney Spears, are a big fan of Phytodefrisant for dealing with naturally textured hair which may frizz.
5. For lots of fullness, lift and volume, apply a volume enhancing product to the roots. Distribute a straightening balm to the rest of the strands distributing from below the roots to the ends.
6. Separate strands into 1" to 2 1/2" sections and blow dry with a boar's bristle round brush. Blow dry the top sections of hair using fingers to lift individual top strands and direct the air flow from ends to roots.
Use the brush to turn the ends under around the edges and slightly in towards the neck.
Note: If hair is naturally curly, do not use fingers to blow dry since this can add to frizz. Use a boar's bristle brush instead.
7. When hair is completely dry you may opt to touch up the strands with a curling iron to achieve amped up curls and waves throughout the perimeter. You also may prefer to use a curling iron (or hot rollers) to add more volume and lift to the crown area.
8. Apply a shine serum, shine spray or hair cream to seal in moisture and add that shimmering shine similar to Sandra's. Hairspray is optional.
Summary - Carly Rose Sonenclar Hair HowTo
Although Carly Rose Sonenclar made it into the top three finalists, she has to battle against Tate Stevens and Fifth Harmony. Most fans of The X Factor - Season Two believe that the top two finalists will be Tate Stevens and Carly Rose.Whether Carly Rose will win or not remains to be seen. However, most critics believe the little girl with the long chocolate brown tresses and the huge voice will become a major recording star in the future.