Poppy Montgomery Long Red Wavy Hair How To
Aussie actress Poppy Montgomery (born June 19, 1975) won legions of fans on CBS TV's Without a Trace (2002-2009) as Samantha Spade. She currently stars in the brand new CBS television series Unforgettable.
There are many things of interest about Poppy but first and foremost is her long, lush, red wavy hair she rocks on Unforgettable as former cop Carrie Wells with a super powered memory. Hence the name Unforgettable for the series.
Nip/Tuck's Dylan Walsh plays the former love of Carrie Wells. Walsh is a nice addition. The show opened to strong numbers.
In her role as Sam on Without a Trace the actress wore her long hair in a variety of hairstyles from bone straight to embellished with soft waves and curls. Towards the end of the series in 2009 her hair had transitioned to a lighter strawberry blonde.
Now, as Carrie Wells she's have vibrant rust colored tresses with she more often than not wears with lots of volume built into the roots and throughout the crown. Her hair, which is still very long, like on Without a Trace, often is styled with loose waves and/or curls.
1. Cleanse detangled hair in lukewarm water with a formula designed to address your hair's type, texture and condition. If your hair is colored like Poppy's opt for a color care shampoo or consider utilizing an alternative cleansing formula since as a Diluted Shampoo (DS), a Conditioner Only Wash (CoWash), Water Only (WO) or a no poo style formulation.2. Rinse shampoo from hair completely.
3. Apply a rinse-out conditioning formula to hair from top of ears down. Work through individual horizonal sections and detangle from ends up to the roots with a wide tooth comb or fingers. Once hair is completely detangled rinse hair completely.4. Finish with a cool or cold water rinse to seal in moisture and help protect color.
5. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.6. Apply styling cocktail which may include a leave-in conditioner, volumizing mousse and/or defrisant to prevent frizz. For extra volume lift apply a volumizing spray such as PhytoVolumeActif to damp roots.
7. Separate hair into individual 2" sections. Blow dry hair with a round brush. Lift hair at the roots and direct heat up the hair shaft to build in lots of volume.8. Once hair is completely dry prep with a heat protectant product from mid-shaft to ends.
9. Use a large barrel curling iron on individual 1 1/2" sections of hair. Pin newly formed curls against scalp to cool and set.10. Once all of the curls are set, release from pins and use fingers to gently deconstruct and brush out curls.
11. Finish a shine enhancing finishing or styling spray.
Optionally you may prefer to use 1-2 drops of shine serum applied to the palms of your hands and massaged together and swiped over the top of the finished look.To amp up curls bend over at the waist and gently shake and pull the curls.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.