(Image courtesy of Goody - All Rights Reserved)
The twist shown to the side works best for hair which is shoulder length or longer but can be created with some clip-in ponytails.
It can be worn with or without a fringe and random side strands can be gently pulled out on either side of the face to create a softer look.
Great For Day Or Evening
I love this sassy hair twist because it looks great for day or evening. It's easiest to create when your hair is not too soft or slippery.
If you want to try this cute hairstyle on freshly washed hair be sure to prep with hairspray to give your tresses some grip. Of course this also works great on hair which has not been freshly cleansed.
How To Create Sassy Hair Twist
3. Hold the base of the newly created pony between the thumb and index finger of one hand.
7. Once the pin is inserted into the bun gently push it upwards to hold twist in place.
11. Finish with a spray of your Goody. If you prefer you can add one or two drop of Goody to the palms of your hands, massage well and then swipe over the top of your finished hair bun.
1. To create a different look try lifting the tail straight up in the air and twisting it in a clockwise direction until the tail loops down around itself. Tuck the ends and then insert the Goody into the base like above. Twisting the tail section will result in a tighter finished look.
(Image courtesy of Goody - All Rights Reserved - The shine serum from Goody is available in the HairBoutique.com Marketplace.)updo pin
2. When creating the bun don't tuck the ends in. Instead, allow them to flow out over the top of the updo for a slightly different look.
3. If you prefer, you can use a Goody to secure the base of the pony before you wrap or twist the tail section. Use a band the same color as your current hair.
4. Dress up your hair twist by attaching a Goody or updo pin, hair friendly elastic band or hair clip to one side or around the perimeter. To hold the front hair in place slide on a hair friendly elastic band.
(Image courtesy of Goody - All Rights Reserved - The sparkly combs from Goody is available in the HairBoutique.com Marketplace.)updo pin
5. If you have trouble inserting the updo pin opt for securing your twist with a Spider Claw, salon clip or similar.
6. Create a half up/half down style sectioning just the top section of hair and twisting into a half bun. Allow the ends to hang down. Style the rest of your hair as desired.
Remember, there's no right or wrong way to create your hair twist. Have fun and play with your options.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.