In the Season 2 Finale of SyFy's Defiant, Amanda Rosewater (Julie Benz) was dealing with the possibility of Earth's total destruction.
Even though Amanda was under fire on all sides for most of the season, she managed to look incredibly lovely in a series of Defiant side ponytails.
Side Ponytail - Classic Hairstyles
Side ponytails are one of those classic hairstyles which never really disappear.
Sometimes side ponies like Amanda's Defiant side ponytails are worn as part of a newly reinvented hair trend.
In other cases, they're worn as the ultimate hair accessory showcasing gorgeous eyes, facial features or long lush tresses.
Customizable For All Hair Types & Textures
The side ponytail can be adjusted and customized for every hair type, texture and face shape as long as there's enough hair to pull it into a side tail.
On hair not long enough for a side pony, utilize fusion or clip-in extensions or even a clip-in ponytail.
Side ponies can be worn with or without a fringe, with or without volume throughout the crown and in front of or behind the ears.
Experiment until you find the look you love best.
Recreate The Defiant Side Pony:
Julie Benz looks fantastic with an sassy sleek side pony and a slight peekaboo lush side fringe.
For dramatic effect, Julie's fringe is brushed to the side opposite of her long textured side draped pony.
It gives Julie a glamourous look for day or evening wear.Step By Step
Follow the steps below to copy Julie's Defiant side ponytail:
1. Start by wet washing detangled hair in lukewarm water with the best cleansing formula for your hair type, texture and current condition.
2. Rinse shampoo from hair. Apply a leave-in conditioner. Separate hair into 2 inch sections. Detangle with fingers and/or a wide tooth comb from the ends to the roots. Work slowly.
3. After detangling hair, rinse well. Finish with a cool/cold final rinse.4. Towel blot so that hair is damp, but not dripping wet.
5. Apply your regular leave-in cocktail, including, but not limited to leave-in conditioner, styling cream and/or mousse.
Note: Comb through with a fine-tooth comb, ensuring that the product has been distributed to the tips of the hair.
6. For volume at the roots and crown, apply a volumizing spray.
7. Create desired part and fringe. Blow dry fringe.8. Blow dry the rest of the hair using a round brush and a blow dryer with a concentrator.
9. Once hair is 100% dry, smooth hair into a low nape neck ponytail with a base to one side of the back of the head. Secure with a hair friendly elastic that matches hair color.10. Direct pony up and over one shoulder.
11. For added texture, use a 2" curling iron.12. Separate hair into 2" sections. Roll into curls. Remove iron and pin newly formed curls to the scalp. Allow to cool and set.
13. After curls have cooled, unpin and deconstruct with fingers.
14. Spritz a dose of shine infused hair spray onto the palms of your hands. Rake through the finished pony.Summary - Defiant Side Ponytails
Julie Benz who plays the lead on SyFy's Defiant looked drop-dead gorgeous with her volume infused, textured studded side ponytail. For added drama, Julie showcased a side fringe which is sleek, shiny and peekaboo.Anyone with the proper length of hair can copy Julie's Defiant side ponytails.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.