Red hair is represented by a dizzying array of different shades ranging from the famous ginger and fire engine red to deep burgundy.
The existence of so many rave worth red head hues is magical. Afterall, Ariel, one of the most beautiful Disney princesses, is a stunning redhead.
Even though there are so many different red hues to admire, they all emerge rich, radiant and vibrant.
Red Hair Only Occurs Naturally in 1-2% Of The Human Population
Natural redheads are rare. Red hair occurs naturally in 1–2% of the human population.
It occurs more frequently (2–6%) in people of northern or western European ancestry, and less frequently in other populations.
Red hair appears in people with two copies of a recessive gene on chromosome 16 which causes a mutation in the MC1R protein.
High Levels Of Phemelanin
It is characterized by high levels of the reddish pigment pheomelanin and relatively low levels of the dark pigment eumelanin. The term redhead has been in use since at least 1510.
It's associated with fair skin color, lighter eye colors (gray, blue, green, and hazel), freckles, and sensitivity to ultraviolet light.
Red Hair Is A Very Desirable Hue
Although cultural reactions have varied from ridicule to admiration, red hair hues, especially for some, is a very desirable hair color.
Brunettes and blonde who crave rave worthy red hair, discover they have to work much harder at maintaining the color's natural brilliance.
Red is the hardest shade to maintain when it's not natural.
While it's possible to achieve stunning red hues on blonde or brunette hair, it's a high maintenance color for most.
How To Achieve Rave Worthy Red Head
Listed below are some of the best tips for how to achieve rave worthy red hair if you're not blessed to be a natural ginger:
1. Find a professional colorist who specializes in creating spectacular red hues with some staying power.2. Start with a kick ass haircut designed to showcase your natural hair type, texture and gorgeous red hair hues.
3. Ask your professional colorist to build from your natural base and add a custom mix of natural red tones designed to flatter your natural skin and eye tones.
4. Trust the advice of your red hair expert to design the best color formulas for your specific hair.5. Request detailed at-home care instructions to treat your delicate red hues with Tender Loving Care (TLC).
6. Wet wash in lukewarm water only when necessary. Consider using a color lock wet wash formula like CHI Ionic Color Lock Treatment shampoo and conditioner. For a more gentle wet wash, try diluting the shampoo with lukewarm water, washing only with water or washing with conditioner only.7. Finalize any wet washing with a cool/cold water rinse. Although controversial, it's my opinion it will help close the cuticle and enhance shine.
8. Utilize dry shampoo cleansing to minimize color loss and stretch the time between wet washings.
Dry Shampoo For Redheads - Hibiscus Powder works well as a dry shampoo for some with red hair. It’s a relatively light power and doesn’t leave a white powder residue since the powder is naturally a dark red. It can be used alone or mixed with cornstarch.
Start with 1/4th cup of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of baking powder mixed with 2 tablespoons of hisbiscus powder. If you want a deeper red hue, increase the amount of hibiscus powder
9. Minimize the use of heat as much as possible. This includes hot water wet washing, blow drying and use of hot styling tools.
Note: If you can't live without your blow dryer and hot irons, only use them sparingly. Experiment with air drying and setting hair on rag rollers or pin curls.
10. When applying a leave-in styling cocktail, consider utilizing products designed to help maintain delicate colors.11. Avoid unnecessary exposure to sun, salt, surf, sand or outside elements. Sun will fade rave worthy red head hues.
12. To maintain the most beautiful red hues, be religious about maintaining professional color treatments. Ask your colorist to recommend the frequency of root and base updates.13. Ask your professional hair color expert about the advantages of having freshly colored hair finished with a clear gloss.
14. Utilize any suggested at-home treatment advice of your red hair expert.
Summary - Rave Worthy Red Head
Red hair is represented by a dizzying array of gorgeous shades ranging from the red orange to amber to a deep merlot.
Although rave worthy red head is high desired, it can be difficult to maintain.
During any color service such as having hair colored red, the high pH opens the cuticle to allow the color to penetrate and the color change to occur within the hair.By applying color lock products, the normal fragile vibrancy of the red hues and shine is maintained.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.