A great hairstyle can instantly take pounds and inches off your face.
The beauty of slimming hairstyles is the instant benefit you will experience without dieting or amping up your exercise routine.
Consider trying the following instant hairstyle slimming options:
1. Wear your hair with sleek, loose texture.
Big textured hair adds instant width around the perimeter of the face.
The added thickness and volume of naturally textured tresses adds the illusion of having a wider or fuller face.
If you want to give the appearance of a thinner more chiseled face, tame the texture.
Opt for a sleeker loose texture which elongates the face rather than widening it.
2. Make slenderizing waves work for you.
When you have enough natural length, consider styling your hair into loose face framing waves styled slightly away from the face.
When possible direct the curve of waves away from the face or directed downward towards the shoulders.
While going bone straight might seem like the most slimming hairstyling option, straight hair minimize the size of the head which then makes the face look even wider.
Avoid styles with stick straight lines such as a bob.
A great balance is sleek loose texture, which is contained and arranged to elongate the face rather than widen it.
3. Avoid wearing metallic embellished headbands or related hair accessories adjacent to the hairline.
Metallic materials automatically generate a high shine which can attract light in such a way as to make the face look bigger and fuller.
Just as metallic gowns can instantly add pounds, metallic headbands, especially wide ones, can give the illusion of a wider face.
4. Blow up volume at the crown.
Adding lush volume throughout the crown helps give the illusion of a long and leaner face.
Back comb hair under the crown.
Smooth a layer of hair over the teased hair.
5. Amp up thin/fine strands for a slenderizing effect with styling products and secrets including, but not limited to:
- Wet wash hair with volumizing products, avoid conditioners which make hair too soft and finish with a cuticle swelling cool or cold water rinse.- Towel blot a few spritzes of root-lifting spray or a dollop of volumizing gel near your roots and the crown of your head.
- When your hair is thin/fine and.or straight, flip your head over at the waist. Blow dry upside down for extra volume.- Blow dry on slowest and coolest heat setting to blow up the cuticle.
- For max volume, blow-dry hair with a big, round brush. Lift hair at the roots and wrap 1-to 2-inch sections around a brush while aiming the dryer nozzle upward.- Always back brush at the crown for max volume.
6. Instantly add slenderizing to your face with a headband.
If you prefer, use a hard U shaped plastic or cellulose headband with small teeth to create instant height.
Position the headband halfway between the hairline.
Push it back forward, towards your hairline, to add some volume in front of the headband.
Lift a 1" section of hair at the crown behind the headband.
Use a teasing brush rather than a comb.
Back brush hair gently until desired height is achieved.
Lightly smooth hair over the teased section.
7. Pin your hair up at the crown.Smooth hair around the hairline with a brush or comb.
Direct all of hair into a high ponytail secured at the crown with a hair-friendly elastic.
Lightly smooth new ponytail with a 100% boar bristle brush or fingers.
Wrap the pony around the base and pin so that the hair twist nestles right at the crown.
This creates an instant super-slimming effect.
8. Use face framing layers.
A great way to create a chiseled effect is with face framing layers.
With the proper haircut which adds the right layers, round faces will look oval and double chins will be minimized.
Ask your stylist for a shears or scissor cut instead of a razor cut which can cause increased frizz.
Style face framing layers by curling the hair around the face with a 1 1/2" to 2" curling iron.
Allow hair to cool before gently finger combing the layers to nestle into your face at the temples, jawline and chin.
While face framing layers can be utilized the achieve the same effect in a variety of hair lengths, collarbone-skimming strands are universally most flattering for all hair types.
9. Employ a Kim Kardashian style topknot
Whether you love or hate Kim K, the woman has the ear of some of the world's best hairstylists.
It's no accident that her most recent hairstyle on the controversial cover of Paper Magazine featured a multi looped top knot.Kim's hair which was credited to Laurent Philippon is a great slenderizing top knot.
It directs the eyes skyward and away from round faces or double chins, not that Kim K has any, but you get my drift.
10. Utilize strategically placed highlights and lowlights to give the illusion of volume and layers.
The most slimming highlights and lowlights are subtle and break up large blocks of color, giving the face a more slenderizing effect.
Brunettes do well with subtle caramel or milk chocolate highlights while blondes often benefit from slenderizing cool baby blonde, white chocolate or light golden hues.
Solid color is unflattering and harsh around the face.
Soft highlights and lowlights provide depth and shape along with instantly slimming illusions.
11. Lose pounds with bangs and slenderizing parts.
Blunt bangs can be too severe and dragging the face shape down.
If you want to use bangs to minimize a round face, opt for softly layered longer side-swept fringes which subtly blend into the side hairline.
Tousle bangs slightly to add interest and draw the eyes away from the face.
Avoid bangs which are too heavy or short.
Horizontal side parts which sweep hair across the forehead or the top of the head also helps break up a face's roundness.
Summary - Slimming Hairstyles
When it comes to instantly slimming hairstyles, regardless of hair type, texture or length, select hairstyles which are volume infused, frame the face and showcases healthy hair.
The hair should be precision cut in slenderizing layers which nestle into the face at the widest points.Not only will a hairstyle which fits these requirements enhance cheekbones and add definition to the jawline, it will also minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.