As I recently sat in a darkened theater watching Interstellar I pondered the popular Matthew McConaughey Hair Mystery regarding his constantly changing hairline.
Kimberley Dadds at BuzzFeed penned an intriguing piece on the 42 Celebrity Men Who Are Less Bald Then They Used To Be.
Drastic Hairline Changes Between 1999 And 2014
Academy Award winner Matthew was #4 on the list showcasing a drastic hairline change between 1999 and 2014.
One of my inside celebrity hairstylist sources discussed Matthew with me a few years back. He shared inside Hollywood scoops on the Matthew McConaughey Hair Mystery.
My Hollywood hair source confirmed Matthew was undergoing a very aggressive hair restoration program under the confidential care of a famous hair loss specialist in Los Angeles.
The famous hair loss physician works primarily with celebrities - both male and female - whose very careers depends upon the fullness of their hairline.
Matthew McConaughey's Possible Hair Regeneration Measures
Besides working with a hair loss specialist, my inside celebrity hair source told me be believed Matthew, who obviously suffers from Male Pattern Baldness (MPB) was most likely taking some or all of the following hairline regeneration and/or cosmetic measures:
1. Well planned gradual hairline refinement and thickening with multiple hair transplant surgical procedures (plugs or other transplant options)2. Utilization of a hair regrowth/hair loss agent such as minoxidil or similar used in conjunction with transplant surgery.
3. Supplementation with a Type II 5α-reductase inhibitor (Proscar/Finasteride/Propecia) which converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, slowing or stopping MPB loss.
4. Customized formula of hair loss management vitamins to slow the natural loss while amping up Matthew's natural hair texture.5. Utilization of a custom cap weave and/or custom lace front hair pieces or add-on fusion hair to fake it while other hair regrowth procedures are underway.
6. Alternative treatments such as acupuncture, scalp massage, herbs and essential oil treatments.7. Precision haircuts to maximize his natural wavy hair texture to minimize appearance of thinning.
8. Utilization of volumizing hair care products to encourage swelling of hair follicles.9. Use of colored dry shampoo products and/or hair fibers (Toppik, Nanogen, Organin) which help pump up volume and disguise thinning.
10. Working with a nutritional specialist to acquire a customized hair healthy dietary program.
Additional Notes On Matthew McConaughey Hair Mystery
In addition to working with a famous hair loss specialist, Matthew has access to Hollywood's top hairstylists and make-up artists who can address any thinning areas in the forelock at the front of the top of the head.
A top hairstylist could create a custom cap weave which could create an amazing head hair for Matthew utilizing 100% human hair colored to perfectly match Matthew's natural hues. Any make-up artist could also work in conjunction with a hairstylist to conceal thinning spots or enhance the hairline either utilizing a cap or blending with hair fibers.
Whether Matthew takes a prescription Type II 5α-reductase inhibitor is questionable. Matthew and his wife have three young children. Some hair loss experts advise against the use of Propecia or related products during a man's reproductive period.
There a lots of other ways Matthew could disguise his obvious MPB issues ranging from use of volumizing hair care products, precision haircuts to amp up the placement of his natural waves which naturally hide bald spots. Utilization of hair color can also help the hair shaft to swell and look fuller.
Finally Matthew can utilize an array of Hollywood chic headwear such as slouchy beanies used by other male celebrities such as Brad Pitt, Ashton Kutcher and Enrique Iglesias, just to name a few.
Summary - Matthew McConaughey Hair Mystery
In the April 2007 issue of Glamour Magazine Matthew McConaughey was voted the top male celebrity women were most likely to fantasize about.
The Texas born hunk came in at 34% besting George Clooney at 29%, Jon Stewart at 17%, Ashton Kutcher at 12% and Taye Diggs at 8%.
Obviously Matthew's sex appeal is partially tied to his head of lush wavy hair which frames his famous twinkly eyes, lantern jaw and hot body.
Taking every possible aggressive action to minimize MPB related hair loss is a good investment in his long term acting career.It the Matthew McConaughey hair mystery solved? Probably not, but don't expect the star of Interstellar to reveal any secrets anytime soon.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.