On a recent episode of Jimmy Fallon, the incredibly beautiful Queen of Rock showcased her Stevie Nicks classic waves while delivering a stunning rendition of "Lady".
Stevie followed up her the beautiful "Lady" with a piano ballad version of "Rhiannon". Stevie returned to The Tonight Show, in support of recent archival release of 24 Karat Gold: Songs From The Vault
Jimmy Fallon introduced Stevie in glowing terms highlighting her stellar talent and legendary beauty. After she finished her performance Jimmy gave her a huge hug.
Long Shiny Ripples Cascading Towards Her Waist
It's hard to believe Stevie Nicks turned 66 years old in May of this year. She looks decades younger.
Her golden blonde hair was beautifully coiffed into long shiny ripples cascading towards her waist.
Stevie Nicks Stage Uniform
Besides her trademark long blonde Stevie Nicks classic waves, the beautiful songbird showcased a classic black fitted velvet jacket.
The waist length jacket topped off a long flowing black skirt most likely accessorized by her trademark platform boots.
Stevie has described her on-stage black jacket, skirt and boot fashions as her uniform.
"My black skirt and my little black French corset and my little black top and my black tights and my black boots....it’s just what I always wear, it’s my uniform, you know." ~Stevie Nicks, Spotight on Stevie Nicks, 96.1 WSRS, August 5, 2001.
How To Recreate Stevie Nicks Classic Waves
Listed below are the step by step instructions for re-creating the beautiful wavy hairstyle on your own hair:
1. Cleanse pre-detangled hair in lukewarm water utilizing a product designed for your hair type, texture and condition. If your hair is naturally dry, damaged or chemically treated, consider using a diluted hydrating shampoo or a water only wash.
2. Rinse shampoo and/or cleanser out of your hair.
3. Apply appropriate rinse out conditioner. With conditioner on the hair, detangle individual sections working from ends to roots with fingers or a hair-friendly wide tooth comb.
4. Rinse conditioner from hair. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse.
5 Squeeze excess water from strands using fingers in an accordion method. Work on hair around the entire parameter of the head.6. Towel blot to remove excess water.
7. For voluminous waves, apply a volumizing styling mousse from roots to ends to give hair body and hold.
Note: If you prefer, you can create a styling cocktail combining a leave-in conditioner with mousse and/or styling cream. Select products based on your hair’s type, texture, length and current condition.
8. Separate hair into 2″ sections. Blow dry each section with a boar bristle round brush. Work around the head from side to side until all of the hair is completely dry.
9. Curl individual 2" sections of hair with a 1 1/2″ to 2″ wide curling iron.
10. Once each section of the hair is curled, wrap around fingers and reform. Pin against the scalp. Allow to cool while you repeat on the rest of the head.
11. After the entire head has been completely curled, reformed and pinned, allow hair to cool and set until right before leaving the house.
12. Unpin each section and deconstruct with fingers or a boar bristle paddle style brush. Arrange waves according to desired profile.
Finish the sexy waves by running fingers gently throughout the hair for maximum volume.
Spritz a little shine spray onto the palms of the hands. Lightly swipe over the top of the waves to add a gorgeous shine.
Their next string of dates picks up in Canada on November 10th, and they have stops scheduled all over North America through March 31st, 2015.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.