When she first burst onto the scene as an American Idol 3 contender in 2004, her hair was coiffed into a big natural Afro style as shown on the side.
As she progressed into the Top 7 where she was eliminated, her hair became smoother and sleeker.
By the time she was performing in 2007 her hair was much longer and styled into thick waves. Gone were her big American Idol tight curls and coils. By the time Jennifer appeared in “Sex and the City: The Movie” she was wearing a medium length bob hairstyle.
Jennifer won kudos from hair and fashion police for the length, the part and the angular cut. What a major change from her American Idol hair.
Is It A Wig Or Not?
Many hair experts theorize that Jennifer has joined the other wig wearing divas such as Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Rihanna. Has she? It's hair to know for sure whether the songbird is wearing her own hair or supplemented by fusion or clip-in extensions or lace front wigs.
How To Style Hudson's Hairstyle - Step By Step
1. Cleanse hair in lukewarm water with a product designed for your hair type, texture, length and current condition. If you hair is chemically treated, color, highlighted or lowlighted, you may wish to deploy a moisture enhancing cleansing formula such as Diluted Shampoo (DS), Low Poo, Conditioner Only (CO), No Poo, Water Only (WO) or a combination.2. After cleansing rinse hair well and apply a rinse-out conditioner from the ears from the ends of the hair. Once rinse-out conditioner is applied detangle hair in the shower using fingers or wide tooth comb.
3. Rinse out leave-in conditioner and then finish with a cool or cold water rinse.4. Towel blot with a hair friendly towel.
5. Apply leave-in styling cocktail including, but not limited to, a leave-in conditioner, detangler and/or defristant product.6. To guarantee super straight tresses apply a straightening balm or similar.
7. Separate hair into 8-10 horizontal sections. Work on only one section at a time.8. Blow dry hair with a boar bristle paddle brush to encourage the sleek strands. Use a round brush to add volume and bend.
9. After hair is dry pick part hair down the side with a long tail comb.10. Use a 1 1/2-inch hot flat iron and run it through individual 2" sections of hair away from your face starting about 1/4 of the length off the roots so as to not create lift.
11. Once each section is hot ironed roll the newly straightened section loosely aroundyour fingers into a loose barrel style curl. Pin to your scalp. Work around the head curling and pinning all the sections.12. After hair is ironed and pinned to the scalp spritz all of the curls with a light hold hairspray.
13. Once hair has completely cooled and set, unpin each invisible hair rollers.14. Bend over at waist and gently shake. Use fingers to pick and fluff.
15. If you wish you can apply 1-2 shine serum into the palms of your hands and massage them together. Lightly brush your serum infused hands over the top of your finished style.16. For extra glam add a shimmering headband or hair clip.
Optionally if you prefer more bend and fullness use a round brush to blow dry and after flat ironing hair use a 1 1/2" curling iron and work it through individual 2" sections to add curve and loose waves.
Jennifer Hudson has been on quite a hair journey over the past seven years. Whether she's wearing her own hair, wigs or extensions, her current hairstyle suits her stunning face and newly sculpted body.
Only time will tell what next boundaries she pushes with her hair color, length, texture and style. I'm beating her hair will only get more beautiful with time.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.