In general, pixie styles are cut close to the head with longer sections in some areas such as the bangs, the sides or the back. it can be cut with a scissors, a razor or even shears. Actress Carey Mulligan (see to the side) has showcased a super short choppy pixie which could also be described as a cap or crop.
However, pixies for 2011 can be super short, short or even bordering on medium length.
Pixie hair cuts are often referred to as boy or androgynous cuts. The fringe can be long and worn in a blunt style with a curtain of hair covering the forehead. They can also be worn side-swept or choppy.
Bottom line, a precision cut pixie which is properly maintained with trims can be easily styled in a wide range of hairstyles with a little imagination, the proper products and hot styling tools.
Be sure to get a good haircut at the beginning because a great haircut falls perfectly into place with very little product. Any styling products you use should be extras designed to give you a brand new look to your cut.
One of the biggest complaints of those who adopt a pixie hair cut is boredom with the style. In reality there are tons of ways to change up a pixie or short cut. Check out the 25 ideas for mixing a short cut up below.
25 ideas for changing up your pixie hair cut:
3. Play with a center part and a small barrel flat iron to create bone straight panels on either side of your head.
5. Experiment with combination parts by going with a side part which is either short or mashed up with zig zag lines.
7. Allow hair to air dry by applying a texture enhancing cream or similar product and finger picking to create a tousled look.
9. Blow dry fringe with a round brush to create a beautiful side swept swooping bangs.
12. Add clip-in feathers.
14. Play with a wide range of hair accessories to completely change up your look from hair flowers in all sizes to sleeper clips and mini-jaws, claws, small combs and alligator clips.
16. Apply a styling cream or similar and set entire head in small pin curls. Allow hair to air dry or use blow dryer. Remove pin curls and tousle with your fingers for lots of tousled waves.
18. Pin in a few strands of clip-in hair in a contrasting color to instantly edge up your pixie.
22. Flip it up. Blow dry using a small round brush. When hair is 100% dry use a small barrel flat iron and work around the edges of your hair cut and flip out the ends. It will give you a completely different look for your pixie short hair cut.
24. Use shine wax and fingers to pick throughout the top and sides of the cut to create separation.
(Image above of Raquel Welch wearing All That Jazz from the 2011 Spring Collection - Available at Wig Superstore.com)
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.