Melissa Sagemiller's Hairstyle - Smooth, Sleek Half Up/Half Down Hairstyle
Some critics have compared the beautiful blonde Melissa as a cross between Katherine Heigl and Rachel Nichols.
The actress rocks a light golden base with darker golden low lights and lighter baby blonde highlights. Her tresses look healthy and shiny.
Even better, her hair color follows the current trend of softly fading from slightly darker roots to lighter ends as the strands flows from the top of her head to the ends.
Steal Melissa's Hairstyle
This hairstyle is easier to create on slightly "aged" hair which means not newly washed. If you want to create this hairstyle on newly washed hair be sure to prep it well with pre-styling hairspray or a hair cream like the following:
[amazon-product text="Frederic Fekkai Hair Cream" type="text"]B00021CF50[/amazon-product]
If you wish to start by cleansing your hair first follow the steps listed below:
1. Shampoo with a product designed for your current hair type, texture or condition. If your hair is highlighted, colored or chemically treated use a product designed to protect and maintain the haircolor as well as neutralize any chemical damage.
3. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to add shine and close the cuticle.
(Image of Melissa Sagemiller and Mark-Paul Gosselaar - TNT - Rasising The Bar - Photo by Danny Feld - All Rights Reserved).
4. Towel blot with a "hair friendly" towel. Apply a leave-in/styling cocktail of leave-in conditioner, styling mousse, hair cream and/or paste.
5. Blow dry your tresses stick straight using a boar bristle paddle or round brush with a blow dryer. If necessary prep hair with a anti-frizz straightening gel or cream to create sleek panels of fuzz-free hair.
Note: Apply a heat protectant product on your hair before drying to prevent heat damage.
6. Once hair is completely dry use a flat iron to quickly run through all of the strands so they are bone straight. If desired use iron to briefly turn ends up or under for added texture.
Lift the hair adjacent to the hairline and back comb to create a hairline bump at the desired height.
Pull the rest of your strands up from both sides of your head and gather in the back of the head underneath the crown. Smooth to form a sleek profile. Pin or clasp in place with a barrette or pony elastic.
(Image of Melissa Sagemiller - TNT - Rasising The Bar - Photo by Danny Feld - All Rights Reserved).
8. When hair is styled as desired spray completely with instant hold and/or TNT's Raising The Bar or similar spray or hairspray. If you prefer, apply a drop of shine serum in the palms of your hands and rub together. Lightly brush over the top of your tresses to apply serum and add instant shine.
9. Consider glamming up the look by adding a sleek headband or a sassy barrette or other chic hair accessory at the back.
More About Melissa Sagemiller
(Melissa Sagemiller and Gloria Reuben - Photo by Karen Neal - TNT - All Rights Reserved)
Melissa soon became a regular on stages in Washington. After graduating from the University of Virginia, she studied at The Stella Adler Conservatory, New York University's Stonestreet Studios and the Michael Howard Studio.
Most recently, Sagemiller was seen in the feature film Mr. Woodcock with Billy Bob Thornton, Susan Sarandon and Sean William Scott. Her other film credits include The Guardian, Standing Still, The Clearing, Soul Survivors, Get Over It, Life on a Ledge, Sorority Boys and Love Object.
On television, Sagemiller starred in the Golden Globe-nominated series Sleeper Cell. She has also appeared on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Please follow me on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.
Check out the following related blogs:
Rene Furterer Karite Hair Line For Dry & Damaged Tresses - Read about this amazing hair care line from the amazing Rene Furterer company.
Rene Furterer Hair Care - Myrrhea Anti-Frizz Silkening Mask - Brand new from Rene Furterer is the Myrrhea Anti-Frizz System.