Sultry brunette Minka Kelly (June 24, 1980) has been generating a major buzz due to her sizzling new role on the new NBC Friday Night Lights which is about the trials and tribulations of a high school football team in a small town.
In her role as cheerleader Lyla Garrity she deals with a series of difficult crossroads in her life. Her true love and longtime boyfriend, the captain of the football team has suffered a spinal cord injury and Minka finds herself seeking comfort from her steady's best friend.
Yes, it's complicated but has fans glued to their sets. Which is why NBC recently renewed the drama for a full run.
As a relative newcomer on the scene, this is great news for the sultry brunette who was born in Hollywood but raise in Albuquerque New Mexico. Even though she is still coming out of the shadows, Friday Night Lights is rapidly building a new fan base.
As a high school cheerleader, Minka also has to wear her hair to work with her role.
Note: Minka eventually quit the cheerleading squad.
She currently wears her chocolate brown hair long and lush with a hint of texture. When she is in full cheerleader gear her hair is often coiffed in a flirty ponytail decorated with ribbons in her school's colors.
Steal Minka's Hairstyle - Step By Step Instructions
The key to copying the 26 year old Minka's hair style is to start with a similar hair cut. Print out a photo of Minka and take it to your hairdresser to duplicate.
Minka's current style is based on a long graduated layers that extend a little longer at the back of her head to provide overall balance. The style can be optionally worn with or without a fringe.
Either side of her luscious style cascaded into soft S wave shaped texture that snuggled into her neck and spilled down over the shoulders.
Follow the steps to steal Minka's shimmering style:
1. Shampoo and condition hair with products created for your hair texture, type and current condition. If your strands are naturally fine or thin and you desire lots of volume, be sure to use volume enhancing products to help amp up your strands.
Note: A great hair care line used by many celebrities is Paves Professional line (Ken Paves is Jessica Simpson's hairdresser).
2. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close the cuticle and help add natural shine.
3. Towel blot - do not rub - hair with an absorbent towel.
4. Depending on your hair texture, type and condition apply a moisturizing heat protecting conditioner or a cocktail which includes a leave-in conditioner and/or defrisant product along with a styling mousse.
It's your option to work with all three types of products or select only those that your hair might require to create fullness and movement.
Note: Ken Paves always uses his Paves Professional Red Carpet Styling Mousse on Jennifer's hair when creating waves and soft texture.
5. Gently detangle hair from ends up to roots using a "hair friendly" comb or your fingers.
6. Separate hair into individual 2" strands.
7. Start at the back of your head using a round Boar's head or similar style brush to build in volume for each of the individual strands while directing the air flow of a blow dryer down the shaft from roots to ends.
Continue to blow dry until each section is 100% dry.
8. Once hair is 100% dry, separate into 2-3" strands and roll entire head of hair with hot rollers.
9. Allow the newly created curls to completely cool before removing hot rollers once at a time. Spray the newly created curls with a hair spray.
10. Use a boar's head brush and lightly brush the curls into a finished style. With a long tail comb create a center part directly off the hairline. Use fingers to arrange waves and curls as desired.
11. For added curl and wave definition, use a small barrel curling iron to create random curls and then use fingers to merge into the rest of the waves. Lightly fingerpick the waves along the sides of your head.
12. Apply one or two drops of shine serum into the palms of your hands and distribute well. Lightly brush your hands over the top of your newly finished style.
For an optional look you can create some soft volume along the crown extending from the hairline to the back of the head. This volume can be created by simply back combing the desired section or by using a volume enhancing spray or similar product when blow drying the style.
Ken and Jessica Simpson developed a spectacular line of clip-in hair that can transform your hair in a matter of minutes with no permanent changes.
What's next for the sultry brunette? She was cast in Peter Berg's Middle Eastern thriller, The Kingdom alongside Jamie Foxx and Jennifer Garner.
Social Media Network Information
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Original Publication: 11/15/06 - Revised Publication Date: 03/12/10
|Send this page to a friend..|
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.