Daisy Fuentes is a beautiful long haired Latin beauty who was born in Havana, Cuba in November 17, 1966 to Maria and Amado Fuentes. When Daisy was three years old the family moved to Spain and then the United States in 1973.
Spending the majority of her formative years in Harrison, New Jersey, Daisy became very popular with her classmates. So popular that she was elected her high school's first ever Latin American homecoming queen.
Daisy's had early aspirations of going to cosmetology school and opening up a salon because she spent a lot of time doing her friend's hair and make-up.
Life has a funny way of taking all of us in unexpected directions which is what happened to the gorgeous celebrity. Which is what happened to Daisy who was "discovered" while attending community college in communications. Daisy landed her first gig as a Weather Girl. From there she bootstrapped her career ultimately successfully dabbling in modeling and acting. She achieved major fame as a TV hostess.
Gorgeous Long Lush Locks
Daisy's signature hair look is long tresses that are bursting with full sexy volume, shine and lots of waves and curls.
As a successful former model, celebrity and wildly popular TV hostess, Daisy has access to some of the very best hair and makeup pros in the Entertainment industry.
It is unclear whether Daisy utilizes hair extensions or other add-on strands options. Whether she does or not, her own natural hair, except for short periods of time, has always been worn long to very long.
Daisy has a wide face shape that combines prominent jaws and cheeks with a well defined forehead.
She successfully minimizes her wide cheeks with long side strands that are precisely arranged to form a soft draping from the top to the middle of her cheeks. Although she has been known to wear bangs, for the most part daisy wears her hair off her face with a short center part.
Stealing Daisy's Style
Daisy's long and lovely style works best for hair that is a few inches below shoulder length or longer and is medium in texture (or has some natural bend and waves).
Although this soft sexy style might be difficult to recreate on ultra curly hair, it would tend to work well on strands that are straight, pre-straightened or with slight waves and curls.
One of the best ways to re-create this style is using traditional rag rollers. If your hair is waist length or longer, rag rollers would be the best way to create the soft tousled waves and curls. If rag curls are not to your liking, you can also re-create Daisy's style with a wet roller set or with hook and latch style rollers or with hot rollers. A curling iron is also an option.
Unless you are willing to add-on already curled hair or a half-wig, keep in mind that to create full lush long curls like Daisy will take some time.
Before you start make sure that you have all the proper tools including plenty of rag curlers, a good brush and comb.
The instructions below involve the use of home made rag curlers. If hair is exceptionally long there is a chance that the strands will be too long for traditional sponge, hook & latch or Conair rag rollers. In that case it will be necessary to make your own rag curlers from clean rags.
Making Rag Rollers
Depending on the thickness and ultimate length of your hair, plan to make 40-60 rag rollers before you begin to curl your
Use clean old sheets which make perfect rag strips. The softer the sheets, the better the results.
The standard rule of thumb is to cut or rip the sheets into 6" long by 1" wide strips. If your hair is exceptionally long you may want to make a few "test" strips to make sure that your hair will roll completely around the curlers. Adjust the size of your rag strips accordingly.
Keep in mind that rag rollers are tied off at the scalp to hold them snugly against the head.
Allow plenty of "tail ends" for this purpose.
Step By Step Instructions
To copy the luscious long curls and waves that Daisy is wearing throughout this article, perform the following steps:
1. Begin by washing hair with shampoo designed for your type, texture and current condition of hair.
If your hair tends to be dry, select a super moisturizing shampoo formula like Robert Hallowell's Shine Booster Shampoo which celebrity hairdresser Robert actually uses on many of his celebrity clients.
Other formulas you might try include Phytojoba or one designed for colored hair like Phytocitrus. For ultra dry or super fragile strands, use the dry hair formulas and dilute the shampoo for extra gentleness.
Note: If your hair is long or prone to damage, consider either washing hair with conditioner only, or diluting the shampoo formula to save wear and tear on your strands.
2. For hair that is dry, damaged or chemically treated, follow the shampoo with a rinse-out conditioning treatment.
Apply your favorite rinse-out conditioning product. Robert Hallowell's Prawduct - shine booster conditioner is an excellent rinse out conditioner for all hair types.
3. Be sure to match the products you use to your hair type, texture and condition.
Work the conditioner into the driest parts of your hair. Leave on for up to five minutes. Rinse well. Finish with a cool to cold water rinse.
4. Towel blot hair (do not rub) and gently squeeze excess moisture.
5. Detangle hair with fingers or a smooth detangling comb and create desired front part.
6. Apply a cocktail of leave-in conditioner and anti-frizz products. For soft hold, apply a mousse. For extra hold apply a gel or gel/mousse product. Distribute well from roots to the ends.
7. Let hair air dry until 80-90% dry. If you wish, sit under a hood dryer or use a blow dryer on low speed, cool air to remove excess moisture.
8. Work from one side of the head to the other. Use a wide tooth comb or hair pick and separate hair into 1-2 inch sections.
9. Starting at the end of the hair section, roll the hair around the strip of your prepared rag curlers. With rag curlers you can make the hair sections as large or small as you wish as long as your strip of rag is long enough to completely encase your hair.
10. Roll the section of hair up from the ends to your scalp. The tighter you roll the rag curler, the tighter the resulting curl. You can either secure the rag curlers with bobby pins or you can tie them at the ends to hold them in place against the scalp.
11. When your entire head has been put in rollers, either go to bed for the evening, or sit under a hood dryer on medium heat to get the curls to "set".
12. When removing the rollers, unwind one section at a time. After all the curls have been unwound, spray your entire head with a soft hold hairspray.
Ones to try: Rene Furterer Instant Hold Finishing Spray, Robert Hallowell's Rawhold Hairspray. 13. Use fingers or wide tooth hair pick to gently arrange the curls that cascade freely down towards the top of the shoulder.
14. For extra shimmer, apply a drop or two of a shine serum like Phyto's PhyoLisse, Rene Furterer's Spray Gloss or Robert Hallowell's Love That Shine Drops to the palms of your hands. Rub the serum into the palms and then lightly glide over the top of the style to add instant shimmer and shine.
16. Attach any desired hair accessory to the finished style. Because this is such a unkempt style, if accessories are added, they should be small to avoid detracting from the style’s ultimate design.
Note: Remember to always attach accessories last after all styling products have been applied to avoid damaging delicate accessories.
17. Feel beautiful. Remember that a beautiful woman is just as much about self-confidence as the way that she wears her hair.
The variations on this lovely slightly tousled long hairstyle are endless. Instead of wearing curls and waves loose, you have the option to sweep the sides up and softly capture them at the back of the crown. Or you can wear one side in front and the other pulled back behind one ear.
Daisy's hairstyle can also be worn stick straight by utilizing a flat iron or by using a paddle brush and straightening gels to get a straight look.
Have fun with this style and experiment with randomly pinning up alternate strands in the back allowing others to hang precariously to give that gorgeous Daisy Fuentes look.
|Send this page to a friend..|