Reese Witherspoon's now former husband, Ryan Phillippe, was quoted in US Magazine as describing heaven as "Sunday mornings at home in the hammock with the baby, cooking a meal with Reese and having friends come by".
The Legally Blonde Babe has her own definition of heaven which is her role as a workaholic doctor (Elizabeth) in the romantic comedy, Just Like Heaven.
In fact, Reese just topped the list for Marie Claire's 10 Best Movie Hair Moments for 2005. The Legally Blonde Babe won for her beautiful ghostly look in the Heaven film and beat out some film heavyweights like Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron.
Famous for her classic face framing hairstyles, Reese has been letting her signature chin length bouncy Bob grow down to the tops of her shoulders. Gone are last year's edgy layers and tapered edges. Reese has transitioned into a softer, more elegant, longer style that befits her maturity.
Although Reese generally follows the "blondes have more fun" rule, she is not adverse to adopting other colors and styles to honor the portrayal of any of her famous screen characters. She had her trademark blonde locks dyed brunette for her role as June Carter Cash in the Cash biopic "Walk the Line" which will be officially released on November 18th.
The Cash film is already generating Oscar buzz for both Reese and Joaquin Phoenix, who starred as famous musician Johnny Cash.
Reese's Heavenly Style
One thing is certain, Reese is wonderfully adept at utilizing a little drama to jazz up her simple but elegant hairstyles.
Reese has a classic heart shaped face with a very prominent pointy chin. She looks best in styles that have chin length or longer sides that are softly layered to provide sexy fullness and highlight her beautiful eyes and facial features.
Although Reese often wears her brilliant blonde style in side swept brow brushing bangs, she sometimes mixes it up and wears her hair pulled completely off her face or parted down the middle.
Although not known for wearing lots of hair accessories, recently she has been seen in small but elegant headbands and tiny jeweled bobby pins.
Reese Walks The Line
Recently the 29 year old Reese has been very active on the Red Carpets to honor Johnny Cash, for the Premiere of Just Like Heaven and to support the Children's Defense Fund. The Gen X-er superstar wore her shiny blonde tresses in soft but finished shoulder skimming styles that had just the hint of soft waves the cascaded into very slight curled ends.
Her hair was a perfect complement for her array of elegant gowns and little black dresses.
Steal Reese's Style
Although Reese had access to a team of top hairdressers for her array of perfectly finished styles, with a little time and practice it would be possible to steal her styles.
Follow the steps listed below to recreate Reese's basic shoulder skimming style:
1. Start by selecting a shampoo with a color safe formula to preserve any gorgeous blonde highlights or hues like Reese's current golden shade. Otherwise, select a shampoo that works with your current texture, type and condition of hair.
2. Apply a rinse out conditioner that works for your hair's normal texture, type and condition. Consider trying a color co-ordinated mask to intensify your existing color.
3. Finish with a cool/cold rinse to close the cuticle and help add natural shine.
4. Towel blot (never rub or rough dry) to remove excess water.
5. Coat damp strands with a customized styling product cocktail containing styling tools such as a defrisant, volume building mousse, gel or other styling products that work best with your hair texture and type.
Anti Frizz products to try:
Volume & Related Styling products to try:
6. Blow dry using a large round boar's bristle brush (shown to the side - Conair Round Brush) for strong, lasting support. Direct the air flow down from the roots towards the end to build in shine and smooth strands. 7. Use fingers to lightly scrunch near the roots for desired volume and lift.
8. Use round brush to lightly roll the ends of the hair under.
9. Finish blow drying with blast of cold air, if possible, which sets the style.
10. When hair is 100% dry separate hair into individual 2" sections and set on medium sized hot rollers, or curl with a medium sized curling iron to add movement to the strands.
11. If curling with a curling iron, after working with each section, roll the newly formed curl with your fingers up towards your scalp and pin into place to allow the curl to cool completely. Work around the entire head until all sections have been curled and pinned to the scalp. Spritz lightly with a soft hold hairspray.
If curling with hot rollers, let the curlers completely cool before removing. Once all the rollers have been released, let new curls dangle free before styling. Spritz lightly with a soft hold hairspray.
12. Use a tail comb or brush to create the desired part.
13. Use your fingers and/or a boar's head brush to lightly break up the curls and arrange into a soft finished halo of bouncy waves that terminate into a slight curl at the tips.
14. If desired use a small barrel curling iron to touch up the curls on the ends. Let the curls cool and then tousle lightly with fingers.
15. Apply a small drop of shine serum and lightly brush over the top of the finished style. If you prefer, use a shine spray product and spray into the palms of your hands and then glide over finished style.
Shine Serum Products To Try:
Rene Furterer Spray Gloss which creates a soft mirror like shimmer when sprayed over hair. It also helps enhance hair's texture. Robert Hallowell Prawduct - love that shine drops - 2 oz (60 ml). Robert Hallowell Prawduct - love that shine spray - 4 oz (120 ml) 16. If desired, finish the look with a long lasting hairspray for a silky shine effect.
Geena Davis and Jennifer Love Hewitt love Robert Hallowell Prawduct - rawhold hairspray - 8.5 oz (250 ml).
Rene Furterer Mini Lacque Hairspray - Great hairspray that tucks neatly into any handbag or perfect for travel.
A dark brunette Reese Witherspoon appeared as June Carter Cash with Joaquin Phoenix in the film, Walk The Line. This film won Reese her first Oscar award which was much deserved.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.