Alicia Silverstone has become famous for her range of short haircuts that she has worn in splendid glory over the past few years.
Alicia Silverstone is a beautiful actress who plays Mimi Lockhart on NBC's Days Of Our Lives.
Indeed, Alicia Silverstone has a very hot short hair cut and style that is constantly being requested hair salons across the US. Hairdressers have reported that Alicia Ryan has a hair cut that is all the rage.
Sleek French Twist Updo
At first glance you might think that Alicia has a short bob cut. According to Celebrity Hairdresser Robert Hallowell who has not worked with Alicia directly, this is not a classic bob style. A "classic" bob is a cut that is one length from the roots of the hair to the ends, all over the head. Of course there are modified bobs, inverted bobs and a variety of bob flavors that do not necessarily follow the "classic' bob definition as defined by Vidal Sassoon so many years ago.
Alicia's cut could be classified simply as a short layered choppy cut. If you look closely you will see that the beautiful actress has strands that are different lengths around the perimeter of her short cut. She has shorter lengths right along her face line.
Even before Alicia unveiled her Spring 2006 short hair cut, she made waves back in November of 2003 (see image below) with a slightly different medium short hair version. The short to medium cut that she adopted in 2003 appeared to be longer than her 2006 version.
For her 2003 cut, her hair was cropped into a clean layered cut with longer layers at the perimeter that were lightly flicked up. Her hair color was a soft chocolate brown highlighted with ribbons of buttery blonde. She wore her hair with a side part and side swept bangs.
Her November 2003 style complimented her face shape which appears to have many elements of a square shape including a more narrow chin with well defined cheeks. The length of her short to medium 2003 style softly draped over her cheeks which provided an excellent balance to her face and made her gorgeous eyes pop.
A few months after Alicia appeared at the Annual Commie Awards in November she appeared at the 31st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in May of 2004 with her slightly longer tresses slicked back into a sleek knot with volume along the crown.
The beautiful soap star continued to experiment with her tresses over time flirting with a range of hair hues that covered the milk chocolate to butter blonde ranges. She also played with different lengths adopting highlights and lowlights that worked with her style of the moment.
Her pulled back sleek look was a great option for her gorgeous black gown.
By the Summer of 2004 the highlighted brunette decided to go blonde just in time for the Summer. She also let her blunt cut grow out and she adopted a more tousled and careful look.
Actually, Alicia's look was pure California Girl and appropriate for long lazy days at the beach.
Besides going a lot lighter blonde, growing out her blunt cut, the newly minted California blonde changed up her part, adopting a center part with long strands cascading down along the top of her cheeks on either side.
Between July of 2004 and late April of 2006 the talented soap star continued to play with a variety of lengths ranging from a light Merlot hued wavy style that she wore below her shoulders to her latest short cut which is displayed at the very top of this article.
Alicia has a face, skin and eye coloring that allows her to easily flit back and forth between hair hues, lengths and styles.
Her fans appear to love her regardless of her hairstyle or hue but she garners a lot of attention when she wears her hair in her signature short cut completely with carefully placed ribbons of blonde highlights that show off the brilliant blunt edges of her short cut.
Steal Alicia's Short Hair Cut
Cebrity Hairdresser Robert Hallowell when quizzed about Farah's current 2006 cut said "it looks like Alicia has some sort of layered look with the outlining edge that has been razored".
Keep in mind that depending on your hair texture and type your hair may or may not respond well to razor cutting.
Note: If you're Alicia's hairdresser and would be willing to discuss her fabulous cut with HairBoutique.com - lets talk - please email me.
Robert agreed with my observation that Alicia has a face that works with short to medium length hairstyles.
Although Alicia's current 2006 hair style shows her with a deep side part, her haircut would allow her to play with the style so that she could part her hair down the middle or to the other side. This allows her to change up her image instantly. She can also build in some texture for a different look.
Whether worn with or without the side-swept strands, the style is perfect with her classic square shaped face and gorgeous features.
Steal Alicia's 2006 Short Hair Cut & Style
Robert suggested Alicia's 2006 short hair style could be recreated with "a similar precision cut short haircut while utilizing his Super Volumizing Tonic at the roots, blow drying with a round brush and then finished with his famous Dream Cream to get a really nice chunky look on the ends".
For that super watt shine like Alicia's Robert suggests his Love That Shine Spray which is one of my own personal favorites because of its non-greasy lightness.
Robert recommended the steps below to re-create Alicia's hair style:
1. Start by washing your hair in lukewarm water with a product designed to add back moisture and to treat colored or highlighted hair with tender loving care.
2. Rinse hair well and then apply a moisturizing rinse-out conditioner focusing the products on the areas of the hair that are most dry or damaged. If your hair is fine or thin you may wish to skip this option.
3. Finish with a cool/cold rinse to lock in moisture and add additional shine.
4. Towel blot to remove excess moisture. Apply a conditioning detangling spray or leave-in conditioner and detangle strands with a wide tooth comb working from the ends to the roots.
Note: If your hair is prone to frizzing apply a defrisant product or mix with your other styling products.
5. For lots of fullness, lift and volume, apply a volume enhancing product to the roots. Distribute a straightening balm to the rest of the strands distributing from below the roots to the ends. One of my personal favorites is Super Volumizing Tonic.
6. Working from side to side separate strands into 1/2 to 1" uniform sections . Use a natural boar's head round brush along with your blow dryer (set on a medium cool setting to avoid over blowing the style) to build in lots of natural volume and movement. Roll the strands around the brush and direct air flow up the hair shaft for maximum movement and volume.
7. When hair is completely dry. separate into strands that are 1/2 to 1" in thickness. Tease the hair along the top of the hair and the hairline to get lots of fullness.
Use a straightening iron to create a sleek look throughout the side and back strands that are left loose. If you prefer, use a curling iron instead to create soft curls or waves.
8. When hair is styled to your liking apply a shine serum, shine spray or hair cream to seal in moisture and add that shimmering shine similar to Alicia's. Keep in mind that a good cream like Dream Cream will help to hold curls or waves around the perimeter of the style.
9. Finish with a cute headband or a combination of hair accessories designed for short hair. Embellish with a hair flower if you dare. Hairspray is optional but if you chose to use it, apply before any hair accessories.
More About Robert Hallowell's Prawduct Line
All of Robert's award winning hair care products are always available at HairBoutique.com in our Marketplace. For more information visit us on the Web at mp.hairboutique.com or call toll free 1-866-369-4247.
Alicia Silverstone is a Hollywood hair trend setter. Her 2006 short hair cut is a very popular and sought after hairstyle. Keep your eye on this beautiful and talented young star. She is sure to make lots of new waves with her budding acting career.
|Send this page to a friend..
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.