With holiday season right around the corner, your calender will fill up quickly with parties and dressy events.
What happens when you don’t have time to go home and freshen up?
Always carry a few hair tools and accessories in your handbag or back-up travel bag.
Having your bags pre-packed with hair tools will make it a snap to go from day-to-night hair for your Holiday Parties.
Listed below are some great hair tools to tuck into your handbag for an easy transition:
Handbag Must Haves:
1. Miniature boar bristle paddle and/or round brush
2. Styling comb and teasing comb3. Array of hair-friendly ponytail elastics
4. Bobby pins in large, medium and small sizes in a variety of colors.
5. Travel sized dry shampoo spray and/or small clean container with cornstarch.6. Small clean empty water spritzer bottle.
7. Miniature hot iron and/or travel hot curlers. Optional mini blow dryer for hair emergencies.8. Travel anti-frizz serum spray.
9. Dry wax, cream or styling paste.10. Travel hairspray and/or shine spray.
11. Array of hair accessories including, but not limited to, headbands, barrettes or hair clips.Before You Leave For Work - Get The Day-to-Night Hair Look
Complete the following hair tips before you leave for work:
1. Wet cleanse detangled pre-treated hair in lukewarm water using the best formula for your hair type, texture, condition and length.2. Douse hair completely with lukewarm water.
3. Apply cleansing formulation of your choice (water only, shampoo, diluted shampoo formula, conditioner only, combo of all).
4. Rinse formula completely from hair. Use a light accordion squeeze movement to remove excess water.5. Apply an appropriate rinse-out conditioning formula.
6. Use fingers or a detangling comb to detangle hair in 2" sections from the ends up to the roots.7. After hair is completely detangled, rinse hair completely to remove all, but a hint, of the rinse-out conditioner.
8. Finish with a cool/cold rinse.9. Towel blot with a clean t-shirt and/or soft hair-friendly towel. Use a light accordion squeeze movement to remove excess water.
10. Apply styling cocktail including, but not limited to leave-in conditioner, defrisant and styling mousse and/or cream.
11. Working in small 2" sections, blow hair dry straight with a vented boar bristle paddle brush.12. Once hair is completely dry, separate into 2" sections and curl with a medium size curling iron.
13. After each section is curled, re-roll into large curls and pin against the scalp to allow hair to cool and set.14. While hair is setting, get dressed for work and make sure your bag is packed with all your evening hair tools.
How To Create A Deconstructed Nape Neck Chignon
After work, complete the following steps to create a deconstructed nape neck chignon for your evening Holiday Party of plans:
1. Spritz your hair with either the travel dry shampoo spray or cornstarch.
2. Plug in your travel hot iron to allow it to heat up.3. Focus the dry shampoo at the hairline, through the fringe or in any other areas that need freshening up.
4. Finger fluff.5. Use the small boar bristle brush to remove the dry shampoo and/or cornstarch from strands.
6. Direct hair into two mid back pony tails secured with a hair friendly elastic. Position each ponytail on top of the other.7. Separate pony into individual sections.
8. Curl each section with the iron. After curling each section, re-roll and pin against the scalp.Let the curls set and cool.
9. Unpin each curl, twist slightly and pin into a petal formation around the base of the pony. For bigger petals, use teasing comb to back comb each section before twisting and pinning. Use a small, medium and large pins to achieve a different result.10. There's no right or wrong way to pin the sections. Be creative and go for a deconstructed chignon effect.
11. When all of the twists are in pinned, spray with a light amount of hairspray. Don't overdo the hairspray. Keep hair soft and pliable.12. Slide a decorate headband on the front of your head a few inches from the hairline or attach a jeweled hair clip to one side of the chignon.
How To Create Soft Waves
If you prefer to wear your hair down with texture, refresh your morning curls by curling them with your travel hot iron.
1. Spritz your hair with either the travel dry shampoo spray or cornstarch.2. Plug in your travel hot iron to allow it to heat up.
3. Focus the dry shampoo at the hairline, through the fringe or in any other areas that need freshening up.4. Finger fluff.
5. Use the small boar bristle brush to remove the dry shampoo and/or cornstarch from strands.
6. Separate hair into 2" sections.
7. Curl each section with iron.8. Re-roll each curled section and pin to allow the curls to cool and set.
9. Work around the head until all of the curls have been curled and pinned.10. Unpin cooled and set curls.
11. Bend over at the waist and gently shake curls.
12. After bending back, use fingers and/or the boar bristle brush to lightly arrange. For a more deconstructed look, break up curls with a brush.13. Finish with a light spritz of shine hairspray or apply a drop of shine serum into the palms of the hands and rub together.
14. Swipe shine serum over the top of the finished look. Remember, a little bit goes a long way.If you wish, slide on a headband or use bobby pins or hair clips to accessorize.
How To Create Crimped Hair Twist
For a unique Holiday hairstyle pack a travel crimping iron.
1. Follow the Holiday Hair prepping steps listed above (pre-work wet wash, post-work dry shampoo, finger fluff, brush, etc.).2. Crimp your entire head using a checker board pattern. Leave sections which haven't been crimped along with the sections you're working on (Example -red crimped. black not).
3. After hair is crimped, direct all hair towards back of head and pin into a mess French Twist or a soft messy loose nape neck chignon.
If you prefer, go with a side braid. Crimped hair creates a festive texture.
4. Spritz with a bit of hair spray.
5. Apply a tiny bit of shine spray and/or serum to the palms of your hands, massage together and then swipe lightly over the top of your finished style.
Summary - Day-to-Night Hair For Your Holiday PartiesHave your bags packed with hair tools making it a snap to go from day-to-night hair for your Holiday Parties.