The ponytail always delivers plenty of mouth dropping, eye popping reactions whether it's performing on the catwalks, the Red Carpets or for everyday wear.
A pumped up pony can easily transition from daily wear to evening wear, from brunch to a bridal hair event or anywhere in between.
Redken's Pumped Up Pony For Prada's Spring/Summer 2014 Show
It’s often the little things that make a big difference when it comes to a pumped up pony.
Redken Creative Consultant Guido proved this to be true with the sexy, sassy, pumped up pony hairstyle he created for Prada’s Spring/Summer 2015 show in Milan.
Guido achieved a tough, yet sophisticated, low pumped up ponytail by using a combination of Redken’s styling products.
He utilized the mess around 10 disrupting cream-paste and Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist to add small details which made a bold statement on the runway.
How To Get A Pumped Up Pony Hairstyle
This hairstyle works best for shoulder length or longer hair which is naturally straight or pre-straightened.
Ideally hair should be medium in thickness or enhanced with fusion or clip-in strands.
Follow the steps below to re-create a pumped up pony like the Prada hairstyle:
1. Work a small amount of Redken's 10 disrupting cream-paste into pre-straightened hair.2. Finger tousle the 10 disrupting cream-paste from mid-length to ends for ultimate flexibility with a touchable feel.
3. Use fingers or a 100% boar bristle brush to direct hair towards the back or the head right above the nape of the neck.4. Secure hair into a tight pony positioned at the back of the head.
5. Separate ponytail hair into 2" individual sections.6. Use a 100% boar bristle brush to back brush (tease) the individual 2" tail sections to create a full rough tail.
7. Apply a small amount of Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist to palms of the hands.8. Massage hands together and lightly brush over the top of the hairstyle from hairline to crown.
9. Use fingers to lightly smooth fly-a-ways.
Optionally you can use fingers to pull out a few random strands around the hairline and sides.
If you prefer a bigger pony, you can prep the tail hair with a dry powder such as cornstarch or a dry shampoo before you backbrush to create a rougher finish.
Summary - A Pumped Up Pony
When styled appropriately and amped up perfectly a pumped up pony is a go-to hairstyle for just about any type of fashion.Dress up a pumped up pony with hair accessories. Dress it down with a sleeker finish throughout the tail. When it comes to a pumped up pony, the sky is literally the limit.