Beautiful bodacious buns epitomize clean hairstyling and vintage class. The classic big bun offer a hairstyle which is beautifully timeless. Looking timeless for any special hair event ranging from a wedding or a Prom to the Red Carpet is always a great way to go.
Whether the beautiful bodacious buns are referred to as ballerina or bagel buns, they never ever go out of style.
This blog addresses Big Bagel Bun How To steps so anyone who has access to shoulder length or longer pre-straightened hair can rock their own beautiful and timeless hairstyle.
One of the celebrity poster children for the big bagel hair bun is Tina Fey who rocked the 2012 Oscars Red Carpet with a spectacular example of an elegant big bun which was neither too rigid or uniform in design.
Tina's bun, which tied together her entire look, was coupled with sexy volume extending from the hairline back to the bun. There was also a hint of soft volume throughout the sides. Her hair flowed beautifully into the big bagel hair bun which was perfectly positioned right underneath the crown.
The silhouette of Tina's Big Bagel Bun was a classic updo shape. The top-of-the-head positioning paid homage to Audrey Hepburn’s famous updo from the film Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
While the bun was perfectly coiffed, Tina's hair was neither super slicked back, overly shiny or too fussy. The perfect balance of symmetry, cleanliness of line and ultimate hair design was achieved. The bun prectly showcased Tina's gorgeous face, skin and eyes.
Big Bagel Hair Bun How To - Step By Step
To create this high drama hairstyle start with shoulder length or longer strands which are medium to thick in density. Because this updo features retro styling and classic styling, it's best to have a professional stylist create the style.
If you decide to create the hairstyle yourself, be sure to have a friend or family member help you to achieve perfect symmetry.
1. Cleanse detangled hair in lukewarm water utilizing your regular formula.2. Rinse shampoo from hair and apply a light rinse-out conditioner from the middle of the strands down to the ends.
3. Detangle conditioner soaked hair with fingers and/or a wide tooth comb.4. Rinse hair well and finish with a cool or cold water rinse.
5. Towel blot to remove excess water before applying a styling cocktail which includes, but isn't limited to a leave-in conditioner, defrisant and volumizing mousse. For extra fullness apply a volumizing spray to the roots.6. Separate hair into 2 1/2" sections before blow drying with a large round boar bristle brush.
7. Once hair is 100% dry set all of the hair into 1 1/2" or 2" diameter hot rollers. Place each roller on base for maximum lift at the crown. Through the sides and center back, take vertical partings and place the rollers in slightly under-directed positions. At the nape, place the rollers upward and over-directed.8. Allow hair to completely cool and set on the rollers before removing.
9. After removing rollers brush hair up and into a sleek high ponytail, allowing a little softness throughout the top and sides like Tina's updo.10. Divide the ponytail into three equal sections of hair.
11. Backcomb the bottom section of the ponytail first. Divide the teased bottom section into two separate loops. Pin them under to create the base.12. Backcomb the middle section. Fan it over the bottom loops while still maintaining some height with the style.
13. After the first two sections of the ponytail are backcombed, separated, fanned and pinned, work on the top section. Backcomb the top section gently and smooth the surface.14, Secure the top section over the middle section with bobby pins the same color as your hair for a clean look then finish with a shine enhancing hair spray.
This is a big bagel hair bun is a whole new level of gorgeous.
Summary - Big Bagel Hair Bun
The beauty of Tina Fey's Big Bagel Bun is that it showcases clean hairstyling and vintage class. It's stunning, but timeless with an edgy kick.
Opting for a classic hairstyle prevents you from looking back on photos of a special hair event such as a wedding, Prom or similar and realizing you fell victim to a trendy, but dated hairstyle. Think about Princess Diana and Grace Kelly and how timeless their hair always looked.Remember, once you've created this amazing hairstyle, opt for makeup which is the perfect blend of classic winged liner mixed with an edgy bold crease. It provides a smoky eye effect. Finish with beautiful earrings.