Doutzen Kroes Tousled Pony Hairstyle How To
Doutzen Kroes (January 23, 1985) is a Dutch model and one of the Victoria's Secret Angels. She started to work for the brand in 2004, became a Victoria's Secret Angel in 2008 and is currently considered one of the world's top earning supermodels.
Although she often shows off an array of stunning hairstyles she looks amazing when she wears her hair in a sexy, tousled high ponytail.
Ponytails never really go out of style. They just morph from high to low bases and sleek to tousled. No two ponytails ever look the same, even on the same head of hair.
Ponytails are incredibly versatile and can be worn for every hair event from the Red Carpet to a wedding or prom. Or ponytails can be worn for a casual day at the beach.
Men love ponytails because they show off a beautiful neck, gorgeous hairline and great ears. It's also a great hairstyle to show off edgy earrings or other accessories.
How To Copy Doutzen Kroes' Tousled Ponytail
Follow the steps below to re-create Doutzen's hairstyle:
1. Cleanse in lukewarm water utilizing your favorite methodology such as Full Shampoo, Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only (CO), Water Only (WO), Low Poo or a combination.2. Rinse and apply a rinse-out conditioner. Detangle hair from ends to roots using fingers or hair friendly wide tooth comb.
3. After rinsing out conditioner finish with a cool or cold water rinse.4. Towel blot to remove excess water.
5. Apply desired leave-in styling products to hair and distribute well. Add a defrisant to prevent frizz. For sexy lift spray Phyto Volume Actif throughout the roots.6. Build lots of volume into hair by bending over at the waist and blow drying with a 100% boar bristle brush. After hair is dry in the underneath section bend back over lift individual sections of hair. Direct the blow dryer from the ends to the roots to ruffle the cuticles.
7. When hair is 100% dry separate into individual 2" sections. Curl with a medium barrel curling iron from the roots down to the ends to add fullness and volume.8. When hair is 100% dry backcomb the roots to get lots of teasing at the roots. Smooth hair down slightly.
9. Use fingers to direct all of the hair up and off the hairline and direct into a base positioned right in front of the crown. Secure the base with a Blax or Bungee. To get more height and pounce use two pony holders. To achieve a finished look pull one strand out from the tail and wrap it around the base and secure.10. Once pony is secure at the crown then backcomb the pony with a boar bristle brush. When the desired height is achieved, smooth down the section with your fingertips and spritz with hairspray.
11. Pull a few strands out around the hair line to accent the face and create a side-swept fringe pulled to one side.12. Apply 1 or 2 drops of shine serum to the palms of my hands and massage together. Light brush the palms of your hands over the pony to add shimmer.
If you prefer you can layer a spritz of hairspray on top of the serum.For a super tousled pony use fingers to pick and fluff.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.