Before Sugarland's inception, she also fronted Atlanta, Georgia-based bands called Soul Miner's Daughter and Jennifer Nettles Band. She also charted as a duet partner on the country version of rock band Bon Jovi's 2006 single "Who Says You Can't Go Home", a Number One hit on the Billboard charts.
Jennifer is winning lots of kudos lately for her hair and fashions which she has been showcasing on the Country Music Red Carpets. The Sugarland group is enjoying a skyrocketing career.
Jennifer has natural textured hair which she wearing medium length. Her natural texture appears to be a cross between natural curls and waves. She showcases her natural texture and tends to wear her hair with soft waves with hints of ringlets throughout the perimeter.
Her base color is a soft golden blonde and she has beautiful lighter blonde highlights and darker golden low lights which give her naturally textured hair gorgeous dimension and movement.
Her face shape is predominantly square with beautiful cheekbones and a lovely chin. Her hair color perfectly complements her eyes and skin tone. She often wears her curls and waves cascading from a side part with a long side-swept fringe showcasing natural waves.Jennifer Nettles - Curly Hair - How To Hairstyle
1. Start with a precision haircut which encourages the natural curls and waves to fall into beautiful textured clumps. Work with a hairstylist who specializes in cutting naturally textured hair and ask them to cut hair so that the individual curl and wave patterns nestle into each other.
Note: If you wish to have a long side-swept fringe like Jennifer wears and your hair is curlier than the singer's then ask your stylist to suggest alternate ways of cutting your hair so that your fringe area does not shrink. In some cases you may need your the length of your fringe to extend down below your chin by a few inches to allow for the curls and waves to shrink into their natural shape.
2. Cleanse hair with moisture enhancing formulas in luke warm water. You may wish to adopt a naturally textured cleansing process of Diluted Shampoo (DS) Low Poo, Conditioner Only (CO) Wash, Water Only (WO) wash, no poo or a combination. To keep the fringe area free of dirt and oil consider using a dry shampoo for fringe touch-ups.
3. Once hair has been cleansed, rinse well and apply a rinse out conditioner. Use fingers or wide-tooth comb to detangle in shower. Start at ends and work up to roots. Once hair is detangled rinse well and finish with a cool or cold water rinse to close cuticle and encourage shine.
4. Towel blot to remove excess moisture. You may wish to plop hair in a towel to encourage natural curl and wave formation. If you don't wish to plop then apply styling cocktail consisting of leave-in conditioner, defrisant and/or curl enhancing cream or gel. The ultimate cocktail should match your hair's individual needs and your ultimate styling desires.
5. Use a wide tooth comb, create desired part and separate out fringe area.
6. Use a long finger diffuser and work on small 1 1/2 to 2" sections of hair at a time starting with the fringe area. Keep a spray bottle hand filled with water and spritz hair lightly if sections dry before you can diffuse them. After drying each section of hair roll around fingers and pin to scalp to allow hair to cool and set into a curl formation.
Note: Optionally you can take damp hair which has been prepped with the styling cocktail and roll hair with fingers into ringlets and pin to the scalp to allow hair to air dry into shape.
7. Once hair has been completely dried, curled around the fingers, pinned to the scalp and completely set, unpin each section one at a time.
8. Bend over at waist and gently tousle newly formed waves and curls. If you prefer, simply use fingers to gently arrange new texture. Do not brush or comb unless absolutely necessary since this may cause frizz to form and hair to blow up and get big.
To fine tune curls or waves separate hair into 1/2" sections and spiral wrap around a 1.25" curling iron in opposite directions. One section should be curled forward while the other curled backward. Alternate throughout the head.
9. Finish by spraying with a shine enhancing light hold hairspray. If you prefer you can apply 1-2 drops of shine serum into the palms of your hands and massage together. Swipe the serum coated palms over the top of the finished style to block frizz and encourage shine.
Please follow me on Twitter at: http://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets. Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.