There is nothing more beautiful than a lush low chignon.
It's the ultimate classic hairstyle. The beauty of the lush low chignon is that it filters all eyes from the hair to the gown, eyes, lips and accessories.
At the 2015 Golden Globe Awards Kate Hudson caused jaws to drop when she appeared in a stunning Winter white Versace gown which made eyes pop around the world.
Kate Hudson's Versace Revealing Gown
The spectacular gown had slit-up-to-there front and side panels combined with a dangerous low-cut back which showcased the mother of two's tight, toned, banging body.
As if the super revealing slit panels wasn't enough, the Versace gown also featured a super deep plunging neckline with fragile silver bands virtually holding the masterpiece together.
Obviously Kate wanted all eyes glued onto her eye popping figure.
Chignon Hairstyle By ghd Ambassador David Babaii
She combined her mouth dropping gown with a polished sleek nape level tightly twisted chic chignon.
All of her hair was pulled tightly off her face from a classic center part.
Her hair was expertly styled by ghd Brand Ambassador, David Babaii. Her beautiful golden blonde was created by colorist Cassondra from the Sally Hershberger Salon.
Kate is no stranger to figure revealing gowns or stunning chignons. She appeared at The LACMA 2013 Art Awards in a similar gown and Babaii created hairstyle.
If Kate's chignon doesn't trigger another hot Chignon Craze for Spring 2015, I'll be surprised.
The Prada Chignon
The classic chignon was last seen in 2009 and at Prada's 2010 Fall Collection. The tightly twisted chignon was worn by some of the biggest celebrities on the 2010 Red Carpets for the Golden Globes and Oscars.
After the big chignon reveal at Prada, the chignon craze rocketed to the top of the celeb hairstyle trend.
One of the best things about the chignon, is how easy it is to create. Not only does it look gorgeous when worn sleek and shimmering, it looks equally glam when styled tousled or messy.
The chignon can easily be customized to work with any hair type, texture or length.
It works when hair is braided, twisted or worn to the side.Step By Step Lush Low Chignon
Kate Hudson has rocked an array of gorgeous chignons over the years.
At the 2010 Golden Globes she wore a stunning chignon with a full side-swept fringe which looked stunning with her beautiful white gown.
Create The Look
To recreate Kate's chignon follow the steps below:1. Wet cleanse detangled pre-treated hair in lukewarm water with the best formula for your hair type, texture, condition and needs.
2. Apply an appropriate rinse out conditioner to hair from the top of the ears to the ends. Avoid the roots.3. Detangle 2" sections from the ends to the roots using fingers and/or a hair friendly detangling comb.
4. Rinse out conditioner and finish with a cool/cold water rinse.5. Towel blot and do a light accordion squeeze to remove excess water.
6. Apply a detangling cocktail including, but not limited to a leave-in conditioner, defrisant and styling mousse or cream.
7. Blow dry hair using a round brush and the ghd hairdryer (recommend by David Babaii).8. Part hair down the middle and then divide hair into 3 equal sections consisting of two in the front and one in the back.
9. Starting at the back of head and working forward, take 1 to 1 1/2" sections and straight with the ghd eclipse iron (recommended by Babaii).10. Once hair is 100% dry, create a center part.
11. Direct all hair to the pack of the head using a boar bristle brush or fingers.12. Gather hair into a low ponytail and secure with elastic.
13. Pull hair into a tight bun on the back of your head. Use bobby pins to secure.14. For a gorgeous shimmer, apply 1-2 drops of shine spray or mist to the palms of hands and massage together. Lightly swipe over the top of the finished chignon
Add stunning earrings and you're ready to rock any Red Carpet or special hair event.
Summary - Lush Low Chignon
A lush low chignon is a super classy versatile hairstyle which suits anyone regardless of face type, hair length, type or texture. It can be worn polished and sleek or messy and loose.
The positioning of the chignon is optional and it can rest at the nape of the neck, higher at the back of the head or even on the side.Blog Note: No compensation of any kind was received by HairBoutique.com for ghd styling tools reference above.