Now that Orange Is The New Black's (OITNB) darling has been nominated for a 2015 Golden Globe for Best Actress in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy expect lots of Taylor Schilling Hair headlines.
The beautiful blonde multi-award nominated actress (born July 27, 1984) may be best known for playing Piper Chapman on the Netflix original series, but headlines regarding Taylor Schilling Hair are always trending.
NBC's Mercy - Veronica Flanagan Callahan
I first discovered the lovely Taylor in 2009 as spunky Veronica Flanagan Callahan in NBC's short-lived medical drama Mercy. After enjoying her performances in Mercy, I watched her in 2007's Dark Matter alongside Meryl Streep.
Taylor loves Piper and her edgy role in OITNB. She told the media "What I adore about her is that there's nothing necessarily heroic about her, and that's OK."
Piper Chapman's Catharic Impact On Taylor Schilling
Playing Piper is proving to be cathartic for the lovely actress.
Taylor told the media she is "discovering the parts of herself that aren't likable, that are manipulative and powerful and angry and sad and scared and lustful, these parts that she wouldn't have the courage to touch if she was still playing the game in the outside world."
Taylor Schilling Hair Topics
Kudos to Taylor. Meanwhile, Taylor Schilling Hair is still a very hot topic on its own right.
Her shimmering blonde hair wrapped into a chic low bun by hair stylist Richard Maran for L'Oréal Paris® made big media waves at the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards in 2014.
The prison inmate looked spectacular without her orange jumpsuit.
Of course Taylor is limited to how glam her hair can look behind bars.How To Get Taylor Schilling's Low Chignon
The beauty of Taylor Schilling's low chignon is that with the correct styling products, it's a relatively easy hairstyle to copy.
Taylor's hairstyle can be created on any hair which is shoulder length or longer.
Optimally hair would need to have minimal bend. Highly textured hair ideally should be temporarily pre-straightened to exactly copy the OITNB's Emmy look.
Step By Step Instructions
1. Wet wash detangled hair in lukewarm water. Use the cleansing formula you prefer (shampoo, diluted shampoo, conditioner only, water only or combo).
2. Rinse cleanser from hair and apply a rinse conditioner appropriate for your hair type, texture and current needs. Rake through individual sections with a wide tooth comb or fingers in a consistent method working around the head from side to side.3. After all of the hair has been detangled, rinse well.
4. Finish with a cool/cold water rinse to close cuticle.
Note: Although this is a controversial final rinse, it's my personal opinion that it does help.
5. Towel blot hair.6. Apply your favorite styling cocktail to damp strands. Include a tennis ball sized ball of L’Oreal Boost It Volume Inject Mousse for extra volume.
7. Separate hair into 2" sections and blow dry with a boar bristle round or paddle brush. Dry hair mostly straight with a little bend and texture.8. Once hair is 100% dry, run a medium barrel flat iron through strands to finish.
9. To create the low chignon start by using a tail comb to create the part you prefer. Any part is acceptable although Taylor had a side part with her Emmy hairstyle.10. Direct all hair towards the back of the head into a ponytail anchored near the nape of the neck. Secure with a hair friendly elastic.
11. Take ponytail and wrap up and around into a loop working either clockwise or counterclockwise.
12. Once you have the desired chignon shape, anchor securely with bobby pins.
13. Apply a drop or two of shine serum or shine spray into the palms of your hands. Massage together and lightly gloss over the top of your strands.14. Spritz a tiny bit of hairspray onto a clean toothbrush and lightly smooth any flyaway strands from the hairline or edges of the look.
Summary - Taylor Schilling Hair
Now that the beautiful blonde actress has been nominated for the 2015 Golden Globes, expect to see a lot of media coverage of Taylor Schilling Hair news.
Taylor likes to change up her hairstyles.
With the help of some of the best hairstylists in the business, expect some innovative new looks to appear as Taylor gets ready to walk the Season's Red Carpets.
Please follow us on Twitter at: https://Twitter.com/HairBoutique. I look forward to meeting new people from all walks of Twitter and learning from their Tweets.